Engine issues. Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ananms

Reaction score
Unfortunately it didn’t work. It was worth a shot
Hi RobsRaptor,

This exact thing happened to me on my '19 - After a bit of trial and error, I cleared all DTC codes through Forscan (had a bunch of codes) and everything returned to normal.

Hope that helps you.

OP
OP
R

RobsRaptor

Reaction score
Appreciate the help. Unfortunately, I don’t have forescan to clear the codes and even if I got it I would have no idea how to use it. I think I will have to get this thing towed to the dealership.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Appreciate the help. Unfortunately, I don’t have forescan to clear the codes and even if I got it I would have no idea how to use it. I think I will have to get this thing towed to the dealership.

Try what CigarPundit told you to try. Disconnect the battery cables and short them out with a jumper to ensure the capacitors have been drained for a complete reset.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, most any OBDII reader will read and clear codes. They’re cheap and can be had at any auto parts store. I don’t know if they are as thorough as Forscan, but might be worth a shot.

I’m not sure about this, but I think the free version of Forscan might let you clear codes. I know it will let you read them. Either way, a license is only $10, and it’s pretty easy to use, especially if you are only using it to clear codes.

I would much rather do that than take it to the dealer and have them void your warranty. That would be my last resort.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may not have adequately drained the power. If all else fails, disconnect both battery cables and connect them together with a jumper wire to short the circuit for a few seconds. This will drain the capacitors and definitely ensure your system is reset. I would also double check that those plugs have been properly re-seated and locked into place before I did anything else. Check the pins to make sure you haven't bent one. You are a braver man than I for disconnecting those. They ******* terrify me. It was a PITA to get those up fitter wires freed up, but no way I was unplugging those harnesses.

ALL wiring on the Raptor "Terrifies" me,and I'm no stranger to turning a wrench and doing my own repairs...Brought mine to small RV shop to mess with hooking up my Lights...30-40 minutes later and $75 I left with a smile and NO drama....best $$ I've spent since I BOUGHT my Raptor.. :)

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
ALL wiring on the Raptor "Terrifies" me,and I'm no stranger to turning a wrench and doing my own repairs...Brought mine to small RV shop to mess with hooking up my Lights...30-40 minutes later and $75 I left with a smile and NO drama....best $$ I've spent since I BOUGHT my Raptor.. :)

I disconnected those two connectors the OP depicted to unravel the two sets of pass through/Up-lifter switches wire harnesses and reconnected them with no issues.

You just have to pay attention to how the locking mechanism works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RobsRaptor

Reaction score
I ended up having a flat bed pick up the truck today to take to the dealer. I’ll keep my fingers crossed and see what they say. Will update as soon as I hear back. This screw up seems to be on par with most other projects I tempt!