GEN 2 eibach front spring install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to topic here... I made some bottom of wheel lip measurements to compare and looks like these eibachs (assuming no settling) are pretty close to the 3" collar lift of ~2.25". This is good news as several of us have been out on some hard terrain in 4H/4A with no cv binding reported (knock on wood). The 2.5" stated lift concerned me slightly, but this height of ~2" effective (figuring some settling) might be the sweet spot for most of us. As more users report theirs, guess we will confirm.

[this is for 3" collar, not Eibach] I was 34.75" from bottom of wheel lip to fender. I was slightly higher with lighter stock bumper, ~3/8". From ground to fender I was at 41.75" (42.125 with stock bumper). Center of wheel to fender is more a pita to do, especially with zero offset wheels and flush centercaps. Even the wheel lip required the tape to bend to get #

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to topic here... I made some bottom of wheel lip measurements to compare and looks like these eibachs (assuming no settling) are pretty close to the 3" collar lift of ~2.25". This is good news as several of us have been out on some hard terrain in 4H/4A with no cv binding reported (knock on wood). The 2.5" stated lift concerned me slightly, but this height of ~2" effective (figuring some settling) might be the sweet spot for most of us. As more users report theirs, guess we will confirm.

[this is for 3" collar, not Eibach] I was 34.75" from bottom of wheel lip to fender. I was slightly higher with lighter stock bumper, ~3/8". From ground to fender I was at 41.75" (42.125 with stock bumper). Center of wheel to fender is more a pita to do, especially with zero offset wheels and flush centercaps. Even the wheel lip required the tape to bend to get #

Using a 17" rim? I have over 1000 miles on them now, and can see if they settled from my original measurements if you'd like.
Got rowdy with it this weekend again, I'm really enjoying these springs.

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have any measurements they can throw up her with their Eibach installed?

I believe OE is 31.25" bottom of wheel to bottom of fender flare.

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have any measurements they can throw up her with their Eibach installed?

I believe OE is 31.25" bottom of wheel to bottom of fender flare.

:confused:

First measurement is stock height.

Second measurements are Eibach installed.
*from the bottom of the lip of a 17" rim

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused:

First measurement is stock height.

Second measurements are Eibach installed.
*from the bottom of the lip of a 17" rim

What first measurement?

I'm sorry I'm not seeing anything.

Someone posted above bottom of wheel to fender with RPG spacer and then gave an OE measurement to the ground.

I'm looking for Eibach installed bottom of fender to bottom of wheel.

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What first measurement?

I'm sorry I'm not seeing anything.

Someone posted above bottom of wheel to fender with RPG spacer and then gave an OE measurement to the ground.

I'm looking for Eibach installed bottom of fender to bottom of wheel.

Read the thread. first couple posts. Can't be any clearer

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it...

Thanks for not being a **** about it.

Must be a BMW thing.

What, that you didn't read the thread? A thread that was *DIRECTLY* made to show before/after measurements?
What, that I didn't spoon feed you the information you wanted directly after your post- on a 4 page thread?
What, that I didn't tell you exactly what you needed to know immediately right then?
Are you a sensitive flower that has butterfly heart strings like BMW forum members are, or can you just go "whoops, yea didn't see those pics showing exactly what I needed to know, sorry 'bout that" and move on?

:mwah1: chill out with your passive "**** and BMW" crap lol
I was hoping this place was more like pirate4x4 - where you get told like it is, and not coddled like so many other forums are.

At least Crash keeps it real :D

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What, that you didn't read the thread? A thread that was *DIRECTLY* made to show before/after measurements?
What, that I didn't spoon feed you the information you wanted directly after your post- on a 4 page thread?
What, that I didn't tell you exactly what you needed to know immediately right then?
Are you a sensitive flower that has butterfly heart strings like BMW forum members are, or can you just go "whoops, yea didn't see those pics showing exactly what I needed to know, sorry 'bout that" and move on?

:mwah1: chill out with your passive "**** and BMW" crap lol
I was hoping this place was more like pirate4x4 - where you get told like it is, and not coddled like so many other forums are.

At least Crash keeps it real :D

Yes a single picture of a tape measure with not inclination of measuring points or called out at all in the actual post is very clear.

I have nothing wrong with being called it if requesting easily accessible information but I am not sure I would call this that such an instance. Its more a general reference to your overall better than everyone attitude in your responses. You go out of you way to be an ass when being helpful would actually save you more time.

But that's just a couple peoples perception of you in a short span of time, probably just a coincidence. Carry on.

In an actual productive manor I would ask for you to redo your measurements now that the springs have settled. My Eibach with the RPG 1.5 space I sit at 17.75" from top of the wheel to bottom of the fender which would be 34.75 using your method doesn't add up. I have 500 miles on mine, 7000 on the truck.