Geiser Spring Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting the spring off the shock is simple, lay the shock on the ground and put your foot on top of the spring, apply some pressure and zip the shaft nut off with an impact wrench. The kinetic energy will make you jump when it pops apart so you may want to use a blanket or heavy coat on top of the shock before you zip the nut off. That is how I did it in my yard and the shock body moved a foot or so when the nut came off.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting the spring off the shock is simple, lay the shock on the ground and put your foot on top of the spring, apply some pressure and zip the shaft nut off with an impact wrench. The kinetic energy will make you jump when it pops apart so you may want to use a blanket or heavy coat on top of the shock before you zip the nut off. That is how I did it in my yard and the shock body moved a foot or so when the nut came off.
total redneck. but hey, you are an old guy from oklahoma........ do you jump on it first and then use an impact to put it back on? reverse the process right?