Easy Entry / Exit inconsistency?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
Anybody else notice a problem with the Easy Entry / Exit function? I often find that the seat moves away from the steering wheel fine when I turn the car off, but when I get back in it and start it up it doesn't return to the same place.

I realize this is a 1st world problem, but it's annoying that I can't press the memory recall button while the truck is moving, so if I don't notice it right away I have to move the wheel and seats manually.

This shouldn't be that complicated. Any chance there's a Forscan fix that would allow the recall buttons to work while in motion? Or is there another solution (other than turning off Easy Entry / Exit)? My legs are longer than average and I appreciate the extra space I get when I get in and out of the truck.
I have this occur randomly, for me I think it's tied to other things I do in the truck. (I did think it was just me). Usually, I can tie it to the motion not being complete before I perform some other action. If I hop in, startup, then immediately move the gear lever the adjustments immediately stop (a good thing). If I double-tap the start button or don't apply the brake at the right time to turn over the motor either the repositioning won't start or will stop if it was in progress. Occasionally it doesn't happen and I can't figure ou why, but that is rare enough that it doesn't bother me.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I've read the manual through multiple times now (twice before I got the truck) and I never saw that you could do that. In fact, I understood that you couldn't.

But seriously, as much as I tell others to RTFM, I at least post the relevant portion to answer the question. To that end:

View attachment 129782

I missed this ability to link Key Fob Remote to seat memory settings. Is this a new feature for 2019's? I'll try it! Thanks for the manual clip.

I have the Easy Entry / Exit feature enabled. My 2017 seems to only move the steering wheel up on Engine Off. No seat motion. Also, Remote Start seems to screw it up where I have to manually move the steering wheel back to correct position after real Start. Maybe the Key FOB Remote Memory programming will fix this.

Yes, these Raptors have more Tech than the Space Shuttle!

Aloha, HT

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things. No not new, my 18 does this.

Second, it is off in several different ways. Friend has an 18 as well and his seat actually moved way more than mine did on and off.

When i asked my dealer about this, he came back with an answer from the 'tech' saying there is an 'update' for this.

Our trucks are similar to phone software LOL... always can use an update. Funny part about this one in particular, is my seat only moves a little and buddy's moves too much, so i did not get it flashed.

But there you have it. Maybe just an update would possibly help.

NeoLeo

Reaction score
To the original post, yes, I've noticed this issue off and on as well. When I start the truck, on a few occasions, it doesn't move the seat back into position and steering wheel.