Easy Entry / Exit inconsistency?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
Anybody else notice a problem with the Easy Entry / Exit function? I often find that the seat moves away from the steering wheel fine when I turn the car off, but when I get back in it and start it up it doesn't return to the same place.

I realize this is a 1st world problem, but it's annoying that I can't press the memory recall button while the truck is moving, so if I don't notice it right away I have to move the wheel and seats manually.

This shouldn't be that complicated. Any chance there's a Forscan fix that would allow the recall buttons to work while in motion? Or is there another solution (other than turning off Easy Entry / Exit)? My legs are longer than average and I appreciate the extra space I get when I get in and out of the truck.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I think if you shift to neutral it'll allow you to switch while moving. Not ideal but its probably a safety issue so you don't hit a preset by accident while moving.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RTFM

You have to marry your key fob you are using to the memory position.

So when you use fob#1, and unlock the car door, (via remote, or handle) the truck knows to set to memory #1

So if you use different sets of keys, they are tied to different memory positions.

OP
OP
Yeti Rojo

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
RTFM

You have to marry your key fob you are using to the memory position.

So when you use fob#1, and unlock the car door, (via remote, or handle) the truck knows to set to memory #1

So if you use different sets of keys, they are tied to different memory positions.

How do I do that?

And why doesn't it just put the seat in the same position it was in when I turned the car off?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do I do that?

And why doesn't it just put the seat in the same position it was in when I turned the car off?

Read The Freakin Manual

Not trying to be a jerk....but it is written plane as day. It may just be me, but i read car manuals front to back the moment i get a new vehicle. So many things the vehicles do, that car salesmen dont know.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read The Freakin Manual

Not trying to be a jerk....but it is written plane as day. It may just be me, but i read car manuals front to back the moment i get a new vehicle. So many things the vehicles do, that car salesmen dont know.

To be fair, I've read the manual through multiple times now (twice before I got the truck) and I never saw that you could do that. In fact, I understood that you couldn't.

But seriously, as much as I tell others to RTFM, I at least post the relevant portion to answer the question. To that end:

upload_2019-9-25_17-3-14.png

OP
OP
Yeti Rojo

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
Thank you Rtmozingo!

I read the manual earlier this am but I was looking for info on Easy Entry / Exit. This was on the previous page and I didn't see it.

Still doesn't explain why it only works intermittently, but hopefully this will help.