Easiest way to end Auto-stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigSlick

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time poster here but have a great tip.

I own a '17 with 8000 trouble free miles. But only complaint is I hate the auto stop and I hate always having to hit the button to turn it off. Im too lazy to deal with forscan, but was told about an easier way.

Under the dash, (above where your left foot would rest when you drive) is a white plastic plug in connector. The bottom, smaller connector is for trailer lights. But if you unhook it then it also kills auto-engine stop. No other problems from doing this. Just plug it back in if you ever use a trailer.

easiest and fastest way to say good bye to auto stop!!!

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you joined the forum just to post this and be a hero for telling everyone something amazing this won't go as you thought... Have no idea how many times this has been discussed in all the threads related to this topic.

Happy Holidays, welcome to FRF

OP
OP
B

BigSlick

Reaction score
If you joined the forum just to post this and be a hero for telling everyone something amazing this won't go as you thought... Have no idea how many times this has been discussed in all the threads related to this topic.

Happy Holidays, welcome to FRF

Really dont need to be a hero (whatever that means) since nobody even knows who I am. And frankly dont expect to post again, unless there is something I can add.

I hate auto-stop and this is the easiest way to disable it and I have never seen this mentioned before here, even on the numerous threads on the subject which I read. I could not care less about "how this goes".

If you like auto-stop, then stop reading now, if you want the easiest way to disable then I guess I am "your hero"

I will post a pic if I figure out how to.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One quick search of this forum returns multiple different threads related to this that covers every single option to do this ranging from Forscan, Trailer Connectors/Jumpers both external and internal as the OP references and modding the dash button itself.

Search is our friend this topic has been beat to death. Maybe we can ask about 37's next.

OP
OP
B

BigSlick

Reaction score
One quick search of this forum returns multiple different threads related to this that covers every single option to do this ranging from Forscan, Trailer Connectors/Jumpers both external and internal as the OP references and modding the dash button itself.

Search is our friend this topic has been beat to death. Maybe we can ask about 37's next.

Funny, I read every post on the topic and never saw this 1 second fix with no down side.

Since it was so easy to find, could you please tell where it was so I can try to figure out how I missed it?

Thanks.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really dont need to be a hero (whatever that means) since nobody even knows who I am. And frankly dont expect to post again, unless there is something I can add.

I hate auto-stop and this is the easiest way to disable it and I have never seen this mentioned before here, even on the numerous threads on the subject which I read. I could not care less about "how this goes".

If you like auto-stop, then stop reading now, if you want the easiest way to disable then I guess I am "your hero"

I will post a pic if I figure out how to.

>> If you joined the forum just to post this and be a hero for telling everyone something amazing this won't go as you thought... <<
Who PISSED into your Wheaties!
That was COLD!

Funny, I read every post on the topic and never saw this 1 second fix with no down side.

Since it was so easy to find, could you please tell where it was so I can try to figure out how I missed it?

Thanks.

Sure, I don't mind. My main point here is none of the new users want to use the search on the site. We have a pretty darn good search engine and FRF has become littered with redundant posts... Whatever, not intending to challenge you, it just gets old reading the same thing over and over again on many of the same topics especially related to the GEN2 trucks.

Posted in April, Post #59 of this thread... Not sure if user NO LIMIT found this or just shared it, but his post describes exactly what you are mentioning.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/auto-start-stop-permanantly-disable-youtube-51978/index6.html

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure, I don't mind. My main point here is none of the new users want to use the search on the site. We have a pretty darn good search engine and FRF has become littered with redundant posts... Whatever, not intending to challenge you, it just gets old reading the same thing over and over again on many of the same topics especially related to the GEN2 trucks.

Posted in April, Post #59 of this thread... Not sure if user NO LIMIT found this or just shared it, but his post describes exactly what you are mentioning.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/auto-start-stop-permanantly-disable-youtube-51978/index6.html

I stand corrected! It was there. My bad. At least I can post a pic

The plug I pulled out is seen on the right side, but it is the smaller, lower plug. (right in the middle of the picture) You can see 2 other plugs still plugged in above it. Have seen no ill effects since pulling 2 weeks ago.

Ford.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter