Auto Start Stop retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy21

Reaction score
I read that everyone wants to delete auto start stop, but my truck was deleted from the factory (I picked up a custom order that the guys wife wouldn't let him buy). Is there anyway to add it back in? I see where the button goes, but assume there's more to it than that.

OP
OP
Tommy21

Tommy21

Reaction score
And before I get roasted for wanted to add it, I can't see it hurting MPG for daily driving if I have the option to turn it off, when I feel like beating someone off the light...

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because he wants to have a raptor and cares about gas mileage didn't realize you couldn't do both. news to me.

I wish I had auto start stop. I drive in a lot of traffic and its nice to know I am not just wasting fuel sitting there.

Last edited:

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked if you can code it back in with Forscan? I don’t remember, but I think you can. My tune eliminated it, so that wasn’t something I focused on when I was doing my Forscan coding.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If your worried about gas mileage why buy a Raptor?

Just say’n.
You must have never owned a Jen Juan. Them folks been bítching about MPG’s since 2010.

@Tommy21 : I wouldn’t sweat this. I campaigned the auto stop / start for about 2 years, until I upgraded the amps and then had to abandon it. I saw zero difference in economy as a result. In fact, the only time I’ve reenabled it by switch was being stuck in bumper to bumper OBX exit traffic one year.

It’s seriously not all that.
My suggestion: Find a better use for that button. Rock lights, for example.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I was the only one that appreciated having it on my truck. If you are able to get it working look into the start/stop eliminator dongle. It keeps the switch in whatever mode you had it in and doesn’t reset to on every time the truck is started. I keep mine off and turn it on in heavy traffic or when stopped for some reason.