Easiest way to end Auto-stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you joined the forum just to post this and be a hero for telling everyone something amazing this won't go as you thought... Have no idea how many times this has been discussed in all the threads related to this topic.

Happy Holidays, welcome to FRF

It amazes me how people like to talk tuff on social media and various forums. I wonder if they would do it face to face?

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another g2 ******.... so many !!

You are so correct, It seems they just search for something they can reply back to with a ********* comment. I’m a gen2 owner and will admit that the gen 2 guys rather bitch and be ******** to other owners so much it’s rediculous on here. If he didn’t wanna read another thread on here about auto/off whatever thing why didn’t he just ignore thread or better yet not reply at all on the thread.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really dont need to be a hero (whatever that means) since nobody even knows who I am. And frankly dont expect to post again, unless there is something I can add.

I hate auto-stop and this is the easiest way to disable it and I have never seen this mentioned before here, even on the numerous threads on the subject which I read. I could not care less about "how this goes".

If you like auto-stop, then stop reading now, if you want the easiest way to disable then I guess I am "your hero"

I will post a pic if I figure out how to.

I really appreciate your post!!!!! I have seen several other much more involved fixes discussed, but not what you shared. Not sure why people act the way they do on this forum. Please keep contributing and ignore those who chose to be negative.

truckster

Reaction score
I for one hate the auto start/stop and this was very helpful. OP, you’re a hero to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/auto-start-stop-permanantly-disable-youtube-51978/

Post #109 is where I posted pics of the connector.

and the key thing to note that changes when you unplug this is:
if you (or anyone using your truck) is going to hook up a trailer make sure to plug it back in or you won't have brake or turn signal lights!!

Just another reason why making the simple FORScan change is preferred in my eyes.

Last edited:

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought you were going to say a bent rod solved the problem.

Can you go one day without being a negative cunty mccunterstain?

Ford is still selling trucks no matter how hard you try to sway people away from the Second Gen.

tt_goat

Reaction score
Noticed a simple solution today when I put shifter into manual mode and the the dash switch automatically came on signifying ASS was deactivated. I wasn't able to confirm since mine was turned off via ForSCAN, but I will re-enable it and test this out--here are times when I want the truck to turn off at a lengthy red light. Bottom line, quit being a sissy and use those paddle shifters!! LOL

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Hadn't seen this solution before, and perfect for me since I only tow about once a month.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stand corrected! It was there. My bad. At least I can post a pic

The plug I pulled out is seen on the right side, but it is the smaller, lower plug. (right in the middle of the picture) You can see 2 other plugs still plugged in above it. Have seen no ill effects since pulling 2 weeks ago.

(for those looking for disable to auto stop start, I reposted this)