DSC Sport Plug-N-Play Active Suspension Controller - Fox Live Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
Don, when going straight, the base map feels more compliant to me ( less damped) on the small bumps too...at least it did this morning on city roads. I just installed it last night, so don’t have experience with highway or other situations with small bumps yet. The DSC Sport rep should chime in here… my understanding for tuning, if the base map isn’t enough to make you happy, you can adjust the dampening for speed of vehicle if it was too firm at speed, or adjust the low speed velocity valving for each individual shock, or adjust the sensitivity for G tables, etc… so within the range of control of the live valve itself, you can adjust for the small bumps for the situations that annoy you.
You hit the nail on the head here. We offer full tunability to almost any setup that can be used on the truck. While you can use our controller to maximize the performance and feel of the factory live valves for everyday driving or off road. You can also use it to compensate for other aftermarket spring options or other suspension upgrade. Lastly, as more aftermarket electronic active shocks come to market, you are able to use our controller to calibrate the system to work with the new shocks all while keeping the factory dash and controls the exact same as factory

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brenford2005, I chose DSC over e-click as the amount of tuneability parameters in DSC Sport is greater… 121 cell map for G tables, G table sensitivity, braking pressure maps and decay times, acceleration (TPS) maps, vehicle speed tables, high/medium/low shock velocity tables per shock ( electronic valving adjustment), adjustable travel stops (bump zones); all above settable for different drive modes.
Can you possibly show this from a computer / laptop graph? I know you just installed it, but I'm a "need to see something" type of guy, LOL! I would just like to see "how" this is done, and "how" easy it might or might not be. Thanks in advance.

Brenford2005

Reaction score
Can you possibly show this from a computer / laptop graph? I know you just installed it, but I'm a "need to see something" type of guy, LOL! I would just like to see "how" this is done, and "how" easy it might or might not be. Thanks in advance.
i think it shows what you are asking in the video in post #60

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
Of Course. It may have gotten lost a few responses back but here is a video detailing all of the tuning capabilities with our controller and how those adjustments will affect the car. This is from an almost hour long video detailing all of the different tuning tables, capabilities, and adjustments that are possible with the DSC controller. We created this guide to walk through users on how to make adjustments based on their feel or needs.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of Course. It may have gotten lost a few responses back but here is a video detailing all of the tuning capabilities with our controller and how those adjustments will affect the car. This is from an almost hour long video detailing all of the different tuning tables, capabilities, and adjustments that are possible with the DSC controller. We created this guide to walk through users on how to make adjustments based on their feel or needs.

OK, sorry. I'm in Glamis, and videos are sometimes slow to load, so I can't watch it yet. I will though, can't wait!

OP
OP
DSC Sport

DSC Sport

Reaction score
I wanted to take a second to share the experience of one of our early users. We can try our best to market our products but a users first hand experience is sometimes the best pitch. This is the type of stuff we love to see and hear from our customers.

Houston, TX - 2019 Raptor - I received my controller today. You will need a 7mm deep socket or 7mm socket on 2 inch 1/4 extension. There are three bolts to remove with the top most bolt being the most pesky to get out. Unplug two sockets from the stock unit, and replace with the DSC. Even dropping two screws that both managed to get under the carpet I was able to do it under 10 min. I hit the start the button with my foot off the gas to check for codes, and I was good to go. This was definitely the fastest suspension modification that I have ever done. A nice change from “that spring compressor should be strong enough to compress those springs…”

I just got the unit today so I have not been able to doing any off-road driving yet. Here are my street driving impressions. It is so much better it hard to believe I am driving on the same shocks. Everything is better, cornering, compliance, acceleration, and especially braking. I have a big brake kit on my Raptor. Before hard braking in my truck had you feeling like you were doing a rolling wheelie. Now stomping on the brakes drops the nose just enough for proper weight transfer but no more. It feels like a sports car stopping. Your Raptor will now turn like a sports car. I actually think I could autocross my Raptor now. I am not saying I would be competitive, but I would be having a blast the whole way around the track. Overall, the confidence gain in throwing the truck around after installing the DSC controller is massive. I tackled a few railroad crossings, and the truck was composed and very compliant.

I am posting this ASAP even though I admit it only half a test because I do not live near any off-road testing locations. I will try as soon as I can but this Holliday period is hard to get free time for off-reading I know many Raptor fans want to increase their trucks performance without having to full bore with weld in racks & external by-pass shocks thru the bed of the truck. I can definitely say this is truly plug n play. The results however will make you feel like you spent money on all four corners of the truck.

I hope that both King & Fox step-up to work with DSC. I think an electronically controlled external by-pass shock with a finned external reservoir would be an amazing set-up. You could get amazing bump absorption without the crazy body roll & pitching that most passive shocks tuned for extreme off-road provide. Ken Block refers to his Baja Trophy Truck handling “like driving a marshmallow.” Technology should allow us to have marshmallow like bump absorption, and sports car like turn-in.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 3.16.51 PM.png

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@DSC Sport

I was curious if you could explain without giving away any trade secrets of course on how your system can make the additional computations of the data stream from the existing onboard telemetry if nothing has changed.

Simply put, is your system making more calculations than the OEM with the same volume of input?

The competition has added an additional gyro that apparently increases the sensitivity and data points being collected to make more calculations thus better performing live valves.

Appreciate your input and offering an alternative.