DRL Not Staying On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey there,

So I have my 2017 Gen2 set up to run DRLs/ parking lights through Forscan. A little while back the driver side stopped working, but the eyebrow will still light up momentarily when I unlock the truck then quickly turn off. So it seems like the headlights are getting power to the right place for short bursts, but not sustained power to keep it lit. Anyone ran into this before or know where to start?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like either the factory programming didn’t take or the BCM was damaged by the ForScan changes. Did you have an AGM compatible battery charger connected when doing the programming?

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
No I didn't, haven't ever had the truck on a battery. I will say when I first made the changes on Forscan everything worked fine for a few months before this issue started. It wasn't immediate after making the Forscan changes if that helps or changes anything

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I didn't, haven't ever had the truck on a battery. I will say when I first made the changes on Forscan everything worked fine for a few months before this issue started. It wasn't immediate after making the Forscan changes if that helps or changes anything
Interesting that it worked for a few months before the issue occurred. I’m no ForScan expert, but I believe @Antho has some extensive experience, not sure if he might have any suggestions.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
@Antho yea same issue with truck on and in drive. If I set the lights to parking lights only via the switch it still does the same thing.

I'll check for DTCs when I get home. Cleared everything when I loaded the factory as built data the other day.