Forscan - DRL Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baadraptor

Reaction score
My Raptor is a Canadian truck and do to the new regulation in Canada taillights must be on with DRLs. Im
Trying to turn it off because obviously all parking lights come on with my DRL’s and my licence plate lights as well. Was wondering if that’s easily changeable in a forscan setting

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is a Canadian truck and do to the new regulation in Canada taillights must be on with DRLs. Im
Trying to turn it off because obviously all parking lights come on with my DRL’s and my licence plate lights as well. Was wondering if that’s easily changeable in a forscan setting
Yeah that was a question I had too on license plate lights. I think in forscan the option is to turn it on, when turning it on the tails are on as well as the parking lights.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
was trying to get the yellow bar in between the high and low beam to be on as well...with no luck.
On its own, or with the DRL's enabled after you shift out of park? I have my yellow bar that you're referring to on with my DRL's whenever I'm driving. I look at windows and reflections and it's always on, as well as the light surround (turn signals), and the three center markers. My tails are on as well all the time, and I prefer that.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On its own, or with the DRL's enabled after you shift out of park? I have my yellow bar that you're referring to on with my DRL's whenever I'm driving. I look at windows and reflections and it's always on, as well as the light surround (turn signals), and the three center markers. My tails are on as well all the time, and I prefer that.

I think the yellow bar in the middle is a lower power than the others, I've also gotten accustom to the DRL tails on a well.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It really doesn't make sense to me, I had had a video up on this thread but had taken it off, when you are in park (Parking Lights:confused:) the lights are not on, if it's dark out maybe, but during the day I can't understand why when you are in park the lights shut off completely, once you shift to drive they turn on the DRLs.
That is just how they are made to work. On older vehicles say 20 years or so ago if you put your parking brake on the DRLs would shut off.

I assume this is so you can sit in a driveway or parking lot with engine running but without DRLs on.

drranderson

Reaction score
I know this thread is aged but i wanted to thank the OP for the video. i was tripping when the DRLs werent on during the day but had no idea you had to be in Drive or Reverse for them to come on.

Also Option B made my lights stay on forever after shutting off and locking the truck. It also messed with interior lights randomly coming on so that was the only thing i can add that the OP didnt mention in his video.