Driving under almost constant Boost (towing) hard on the engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '23's, on a 5000 mile road trip pulling a camper, 8-9mpg, oil change meter told me oil change required before I even hit 5000 miles. My typical driving oil change meter would be about every 10k miles, I normally change it every 5k full synth. I had changed my oil a couple days before this trip and right after getting back. With frequent camper trips, I would step up your oil change interval accordingly.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 21 was in boost at 75 mph on the Interstate. So, some of you are saying driving down the interstate at 75-85 mph I am going to blow-up the turbo’s or cause excessive wear in engine?
You guy’s smokin crack or just blowin stuff out the crack?

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 21 was in boost at 75 mph on the Interstate. So, some of you are saying driving down the interstate at 75-85 mph I am going to blow-up the turbo’s or cause excessive wear in engine?
Crack on crack

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All other things equal- it will die quicker running under boost than not.

Everything is stressed more when it's in boost.

The fuel system, the main and rod bearings, the piston rings- all of it's worked harder, and you get more blowby into the oil.

Will it kill it tomoroow? No.

Will it make the difference betwen the engine living 250K miles vs 200K miles? Maybe.

Do you have a choice in the matter? No, other than frequent oil changes to help with the blowby issue.