Drivers side mirror vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't understand how FORD could say anything is acceptable when it comes to shaking safety devices. I would keep pounding them on it and escalating it higher. Someone has to accept responsibility for this issue. It has to be a frustrating situation for you.......

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand how FORD could say anything is acceptable when it comes to shaking safety devices. I would keep pounding them on it and escalating it higher. Someone has to accept responsibility for this issue. It has to be a frustrating situation for you.......

Crystal hooked me up and a claim was filed with Ford. They replaced the housing, mirror, motor, etc and still the problem persisted. The Ford engineer finally proclaimed that the vibration was acceptable and nothing more could be done.
Yesterday was very frustrating because I saw how they were going to deflect any responsiblity for it when they told me the truck needed to be back to stock before they would try again. They know damn well I wont buy a new set of stock wheels and tries, remove all the lights, etc. I lost a lot of respect for Ford yesterday. And you are correct about a safety device being defective. If I ever have an accident with this truck I will make sure all of these posts are subpoena'd. I have made it known to Ford that this distracts me while driving.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal hooked me up and a claim was filed with Ford. They replaced the housing, mirror, motor, etc and still the problem persisted. The Ford engineer finally proclaimed that the vibration was acceptable and nothing more could be done.
Yesterday was very frustrating because I saw how they were going to deflect any responsiblity for it when they told me the truck needed to be back to stock before they would try again. They know damn well I wont buy a new set of stock wheels and tries, remove all the lights, etc. I lost a lot of respect for Ford yesterday. And you are correct about a safety device being defective. If I ever have an accident with this truck I will make sure all of these posts are subpoena'd. I have made it known to Ford that this distracts me while driving.

Just throwing this out there, but is there any way you get another member to loan you a set of tires/wheels and take it in? I can't believe they could say aftermarket lights would cause any vibration in the mirror (although at this point I wouldn't put it past them). Just trying to help. I wish you lived closer to me as my dealer fixes everything....

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real kicker is that I have ALL the service records that show when I first brought them the mirror issue, August 26. I bought the truck August 12. It was bone stock when they mirror issue started. So they KNOW it has nothing to do with the modifications. My first mods started in late September and the dealership did them all. They are ******** with me in hopes that I go away.

rghernan

Reaction score
I know you said this all started prior to any modifications and you may have already taken this into consideration but years ago I had a the same problem on a Chevrolet. Drivers side mirror had a vibration that made it almost impossible to view. I found that the bug deflector on the leading edge of my hood was my problem. I don't know if you had any accessories added when you purchased your truck that would cause the aerodynamics to change over a "stock" off the lot truck but it sounds like the faster you go the more vibration you have and that was the same exact problem I had, until I took off the bug deflector. This probably has nothing to do with your problem but thought I'd throw it out there. Good luck!