Drivers side mirror vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...I will relay this to the Ford case manager on Monday...

This is a great next step, Jay9722. I know you're super frustrated, but I'm confident your regional customer service manager will do all they can to help. Be sure to let them know if you'd like to visit a different dealership to have this addressed. If there's anything else I can do to help, just send another PM my way.

Crystal

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has no fix and states that a vibration in the mirrors is an acceptable problem that they do not cover. Despite the fact that a mirror is a major safety device and the fact that it impairs my driving is not of their concern. Ford quality is job #1? Ok

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So an update on my mirror. They were unable to fix the vibration in the drivers side mirror. The Ford "engineers" said it was an acceptable problem and they won't fix it. My dealership service manager said he made it a little better by adding wheel weights to the inside back of the mirror. It didn't help. Well that was in February and just yesterday while washing the truck two wheel weights fell out of the mirror as well as a retaining clip. I took the truck to a different Ford dealership and after 4 hours they said it was fixed. They stripped off the rest of the wheel weights, reinstalled the retainer clip, and had a Ford "engineer" bless it as fixed. Well after a drive I realized that nothing had changed. The service manager said Ford won't do anything else until I return the vehicle to stock. That means put on my old (sold months ago), BFG's(sold too), lose the Rigids on the front bumper, and the Apollo Spots on the hood mounts. Yes, he said I had to remove EVERYTHING before they would try to find a fix. I explained, and showed him that the mirror problem started two weeks after purchase and none of my mods happened for another couple of months. The paperwork shows that!!! But he said he just does what Ford says. What the hell kind of company operates this way?

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow....that is kinda f'd up. I wonder what would happen if you just tore it off and reported it as an accident? I know that would cost money for the deductible, but maybe it would get fixed.......

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing and it ****** me off. To make it worse, craplite came by and replaced my windshield and now my rearview mirror vibrates badly.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Had that same company replace the windshield on my Tacoma and they got glue all over the dashboard and on the window trim around the windshield. Black glue on white paint never looks good. They offered to have Maaco strip and paint it. Um...no thanks.

But seriously, the shaky mirror is such an annoyance. I have almost wrecked the truck 3 times trying to adjust it while driving. I'm thinking some dark tint on the side windows might make it less noticeable while driving.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Why don't you pull the glass off, drive it, and watch which parts are vibrating and maybe make your own solution.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you pull the glass off, drive it, and watch which parts are vibrating and maybe make your own solution.

I've gone through two housings and three pieces of glass including the motor that controls movement. I think it's the door itself or how it is mounted. Every attempt at a fix yields negative results. I have put door trim around the outside of the glass, foam padding behind the glass, shimmed the glass with rubber, added wheel weights to the backside of the glass, and nothing has worked. There must be a vibration coming through the door. I keep throwing money at potential fixes to no avail.

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does it - no answer from ford Oman - they say it is acceptable....by Evo track doesnt do it on normal roads and it has 1/4" suspension travel and is polybushed all round !!

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe if enough of us make a stink about it they issue a TSB?