Drivers side mirror vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCREW that I bought new a couple months ago. I noticed that the drivers side mirror seems to vibrate at higher speeds and when driving over bumpy surfaces. The little corner mirror is fine and the passenger side mirror is rock solid. Has anyone experienced this? I took it to Ford and they said it was probably the mirror motor and replaced it. The vibration is just as bad and the service underwriter tried to tell me there was nothing else they could do. I explained to him that I would drive this $60k truck straight up his ass if that was the answer he wanted to give me. He said he would call a Ford engineer for a solution. So now I have an appointment on Monday where he plans on snapping a bunch of pics of the mirror so he can submit a claim. Seriously? How is he going to document the vibration with still photos? I hope this isn't the start of a relationship going sour...

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine vibrates occasionally if I'm jamming out with my awesome stock sound system and bumpy roads. The corner mirror and main mirror are all one piece.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, mine isn't bass related and even the expansion joints on a smooth road causes it.

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger mirror moves all over the place at any speed or road. It started at about 800 miles. I was told the dealer has a fix for it, but I haven't been for service to see if that holds true.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has vibrated since I have owned it. Never really worried about it but would be interested in what they have to say and any potential fixes

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCREW that I bought new a couple months ago. I noticed that the drivers side mirror seems to vibrate at higher speeds and when driving over bumpy surfaces...

Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing this issue, your next step should be to get this diagnosed and documented at your dealership. Once you've had your visit, I'll be able to look into ways to assist, if needed. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm totally OCD about my vehicles. As soon as I start making excuses for the existence of little rattles, squeaks, and quality shortfalls it's time to sell the vehicle. I just bought this so I want it to be trouble free for maybe a couple of months at least! I shouldn't have to "live with it" on a $60k truck that hasn't even taken an expansion joint at high speed. This should be tight as a tick for a long time. And thanks for the input Crystal. I will reach out if the dealer can't figure it out.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you believe this is just now being addressed by Ford! It's going in today for a new mirror housing but since the mirror issue I am now dealing with driveline clunk and stalling. I have less than 4000 miles on this truck and it has seen more shop time than my 2011 Tacoma with 55000 miles.