Drivers side mirror vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger side mirror is rock solid. It doesn't matter if I put pressure on the drivers side mirror or on the plastic housing. Maybe the door itself is loose? I can't believe two mirrors and housings could be defective. When I was shopping for this truck I was debating buying from a dealer really far from home to save a couple thousand dollars on price. I'm starting to regret my decision. Every trip for service is 150 mile round trip and it takes us two vehicles to do it...one to drop off and one to get back home with.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do know any ford dealer will service your truck. Doesn't have to be where you purchased the vehicle

Yeah I know that. But I had a good sales experience, the service manager has been pretty cool so far, and the two dealerships within 50 miles are real scumbags. But seriously...mechanics, barbers, and butchers, hard to find a good one, keep them when you do.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford wants the truck again but don't have a fix. They are going to work on it without having a plan. This sucks.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad is it? I was watching mine and there's a little on rough roads but not annoying. Have you pulled it apart yourself to see if you can figure out if something broken or what?

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing is broken. I am on the second mirror housing and going on the the third mirror. I told them it has to be how it connects to the door. Ford corporate tried to say it is my new tires saying that they aren't OEM and have an aggressive tread. Of course if it were the tires the passenger side would vibrate too. And I have receipts that show the new tires went on AFTER I brought the truck in for the mirrors...nice try Ford.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so frustrated. My dealership got the truck on 01/30 and arranged for a rental car paid for by the Ford case manager handling this issue. I got a call yesterday from the service manager who assured me the mirror was fixed and had ZERO vibration. They had a Ford engineer drive it and he cleared it as "fixed." So I got up early this morning and drove the 50+ miles to the rental car drop off and got shuttled to the dealer. Of course the service department is closed on weekends so a salesman had my keys. I got all the service paperwork and drove off. No vibration until I hit 50mph and it was exactly the same! I turned around and brought the truck back. I raised so much hell that they called a manager in to find out what my problem was. After explaining the situation to him he called the service manager at home to get his take on the situation. The fix they did on my truck was to take an old mirror off a used truck on the sales lot and put it on mine. When I folded the mirror it had mud and grime built up inside and the plastic was faded from the sun. I was told it was new but the service manager admitted they pulled it from another truck. I looked at my service paperwork and it showed a charge to Ford in the amount of $1430 for parts and labor. They were going to screw Ford for new parts after putting used crap on mine!!! And to top it off they altered the mileage numbers on my service ticket. When I brought it in last month I had 3883 miles on it and when I picked it up it was at 3886. Today the service ticket had my mileage listed as 3887 when it came in and 3889 when i picked it up. The reality is my truck came in with 4156 and this morning when I picked it up it had 4159. When I asked the service manager about this huge discrepancy he said it's because it's all the same work order and that's how he does it. You document fraudulent miles? He said will go back and change it of it bothers me. Um...yeah it bothers me that Jiffy Lube can keep track of the miles on my daily driver but Ford can't when it comes to a $60k truck that has been serviced 3 times for the same issue??? I think they want to try and make it look like these aren't multiple repairs for the same issue over many miles. This whole thing is smelling like a giant ****. I will relay this to the Ford case manager on Monday. I'm so fed up with this dealership that I thought I could trust. Still in a rental. Oh, and my Ford Fusion rental with 41000 miles has rock solid mirrors. Rant over for now.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's time to make lemonade, introduce a new aftermarket solution called the side mirror brace and become a millionaire. Then buy the dealership and make the bastages suffer daily.

By the way, my side mirror oscillates as well, so I empathize. It's not just you.

Add this to the class action lawsuit list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter