Drivers side mirror vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the assist. We are just now in the "fix it" stage so they haven't had the chance to drop the ball yet. I will reach out to you if things get complicated. Thanks again!

Sure thing, Jay9722; keep us in the loop! :)

Crystal

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the dealer replaced the entire drivers side mirror and it still shakes inside the housing. It might actually be worse. Service rep has no answers for me. He admits that it is still a problem but says there is nothing more he can do. So...$60k for this truck and a major safety device on it is defective. Nice.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to propose that this mirror vibration issue be referred to in the future as HDIMVS (Harley-Davidson Imitation Mirror Vibration Syndrome). Those of us with a motorcycle background don't even notice mirror vibration, as our eyeballs have been trained over the years to look in the mirror and take an average.

:ROFLJest:

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there done that too...just took those off and looked over my shoulders instead.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, let me ask a question about this phenomenon. Does the whole mirror housing vibrate, or is it just the mirror in the housing? (Cheap Experiment: Put your hand out the window and feel what's vibrating and what's not.) In several applications I have managed to damp out some vibration by making a to-fit rubber "gasket" out of innertube rubber or really thin neoprene and mounting it underneath whatever is vibrating. It might not work in this particular instance depending upon what is vibrating and what the source of the vibration is, but I thought I'd mention it.

OP
OP
Jay9722

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried everything. It is the mirror inside the housing. It is the same thing on both housings since I am on the second one. An inner tube? I didn't pay $60k to do a quick fix. I will let this truck sit at the dealership until they come up with a permanent solution. I'm tired of the excuse, "we've never seen this before." Well now ya have...fix it.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine vibrates inside the housing on the drivers said, but it's taken out a few trees branches etc. figured I broke a mounting pin or something. O well