Driver side heated seat not working Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hmm my seat cushion element has a different part number, JL3Z-14D696-H and it's cheaper... I know it works cuz I installed it and it gets warm.
It seems like there are a few different numbers out there. They are different in the last letter of the part number. I am not sure what the differences are, it may have something todo with the trim level. if you go to the link I provided in the my original post you can enter your VIN and it gives a great parts breakdown.

slowyellow

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to all of the participants in this thread. I’ve been thinking that fords heaters just sucked, and then I sat in my passenger seat…. 50 bucks and a couple hours later, I have a heated drivers seat! Thanks again!

Billet707

Reaction score
This is a well known problem on Gen 1s with heated seat element going bad. However, i haven't seen the same for Gen 2 written about. For those with Gen 2s, have you had heated seat problem and what was the solution? I dont want to take the seat apart prematurely. Also, doe anyone know which plug under the seat is for heating control? Thanks for the help!

Heated seat lights stay on but no heat, seat cushion or backside
Passenger heated seat works
Heated steering works, not that its related.
Cooling also seems to work
Mine just went out last week. Dropped it off to dealership today with 56k miles on a 2019 and they said no warranty fix.