Driver side heated seat not working Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bimmer777

Reaction score
This is a well known problem on Gen 1s with heated seat element going bad. However, i haven't seen the same for Gen 2 written about. For those with Gen 2s, have you had heated seat problem and what was the solution? I dont want to take the seat apart prematurely. Also, doe anyone know which plug under the seat is for heating control? Thanks for the help!

Heated seat lights stay on but no heat, seat cushion or backside
Passenger heated seat works
Heated steering works, not that its related.
Cooling also seems to work

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine work and haven't had any problems, but it's still pretty new. That said, I haven't seen any posts here or elsewhere about 2nd Gens with problems. Doesn't seem to be wide spread anyway.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue in my 2018 right now. The lights come on and the passenger side works but the drivers side doesn’t seem to be heating at all. It’s still under warranty, but I haven’t taken it in yet.

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
I have same exact symptoms, in the shop now. 36k miles.

Would love to know what they find. I am out of warranty and ready to tackle this myself, but would be good to know direction before I tear the seat apart.

SuthJL

Reaction score
Had mine in the shop 2 weeks ago for service and had them look at mine. A circuit was open and part is on back order until Jan. They will fix then.

OP
OP
B

Bimmer777

Reaction score
Back from a trip to Vermont and was really missing the heated seat. For those who have had the repair completed, can you please post what was done exactly and any relevant part numbers please? Want to address this soon.