Driver Screen Going Blank while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyones driver screen going blank and reset while driving? It has happened to me several times now. Will just be driving and the driver screen with the speedo and driver information just goes black only showing that it is in gear in the bottom left corner and essentially resettings itself. You cannot see how fast you are driving or any information when this happens. IT will go through the entire bootup process showing the ford loading up screen then go back to normal. Sometimes it will stay blank longer than others.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has happened randomly on the new mustangs with digital dash.
Happened to me a few months ago for about 5 seconds but that was the one and only time in the 2 years I have had it.

fts

Reaction score
This may help:

OP
OP
P

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ITs not the screen in the center of the dash.
It is the personal screen which shows your MPH RPM Etc.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyones driver screen going blank and reset while driving? It has happened to me several times now. Will just be driving and the driver screen with the speedo and driver information just goes black only showing that it is in gear in the bottom left corner and essentially resettings itself. You cannot see how fast you are driving or any information when this happens. IT will go through the entire bootup process showing the ford loading up screen then go back to normal. Sometimes it will stay blank longer than others.
Did you get a call or maybe a text when it happened?

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that is something that needs to be checked out by the dealer for sure. My Gen 3 hasn’t made it here yet, but I do have a 2019 Mustang GT with the digital gauge cluster and with 7500 miles on it so far, it has never once done that.

I did have the center Sync screen in my 2018 Gen 2 Raptor do something similar once in the first few months I owned it but it stayed black until I shut the truck off and waited for it to completely power down. Once I did that and restarted the truck, the system rebooted and has never done anything like that again.

If it continues to do it, I would have it checked out. It almost sounds as if there is a loose pin in a harness connection somewhere causing to lose communication.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I did have the center Sync screen in my 2018 Gen 2 Raptor do something similar once in the first few months I owned it but it stayed black until I shut the truck off and waited for it to completely power down. Once I did that and restarted the truck, the system rebooted and has never done anything like that again.

That happened to me too in February or March of 2017. Same result, she never did it again.