"Door ajar"....WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today while away for the weekend (in Waltham MA) I am getting a "right rear door ajar" warning on the truck. The door is clearly shut and now the interior and perimeter lights won't shut off. I tried pulling the + batt Cable for a bit to reset the system but that didn't work.

The truck has 450 miles on it and this is the 2nd issue already.....I AM NOT F'ING HAPPY. anyone have any thoughts?....I'm on mini-vacatiion until Monday.

- Travis

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the early late 90's and early 2000's ford had an issue with the door pins. i dont know if there was ever a (tsb?) for it, but as an installer, i replaced quite a few door latches. the door lock actuator, latch, and pin were all in one unit at the latch. i know that they havent changed in terms of them still being an all in one unit, but i would think you have a bad pin in your door.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

in the early late 90's??? no im not smoking...... just an idiot sometimes....

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do you figure? its still a doorpin issue of some type. being an scab it wont have an actuator in there but i think you should check the pin first, before you go looking into other more expensive and complicated tests. its the easiest test i can think of.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and it was 20 degrees warmer...no error message. So either the truck sensed my anger and fixed itself while I slept or it was ice related.