Passenger door ajar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firemanjoe

Reaction score
This morning I was awakened by the alarm going off on my 17’ because the truck thinks the passenger door was opened. Now, it just says passenger door ajar on the dash. The door hasn’t been tampered with and nothing is visibly wrong. Could it be a bad door sensor or a wiring problem?

dm005

Reaction score
My 2019 is doing the same thing as about 3 am every morning since it has gotten colder. I am sure the temp is affecting a problem that exists. Usually in the morning the door ajar light is in until it warms up a little bit. Any help would be appreciated.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
My 2019 is doing the same thing as about 3 am every morning since it has gotten colder. I am sure the temp is affecting a problem that exists. Usually in the morning the door ajar light is in until it warms up a little bit. Any help would be appreciated.
Literally have had this happen 3 times last week!! Can’t figure it out..

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My intermittent door ajar light progressed to alarm going off in middle of night.
At dealer getting looked at now.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BBR, did the dealer fix or tell you anything? Mine seems to be getting worse!

"tech could not replicate" when truck was there.
I took a couple videos yesterday when it acted back up to show service advisor.
Was on the way to the dealership to show them the light and it went out before I got there a couple days prior.

My low-tone horn died during it's last alarm session, so I got a prius horn now too.
Actually pretty stealthy, people never look at my truck when I use it now lol.