Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2014 about 9 months ago and just started looking around for a Gen 2. I've spent a couple hours looking around and have noticed that most dealers that are willing to discount are located in the midwest. I'm fine with either flying out to pick a truck up (as long as the ride home can be done in a day) or just having it shipped if the deal is good enough.

my first two choices are Magnetic Grey or Lightning Blue but I did find a silver one with the orange accent interior and carbon pkg with a sticker of $73,380. they have it advertised for $3,380 off or $70k. Obviously silver isn't the highest demand color so I'm thinking about asking for another $1200-1500 off and see where it goes.

that being said, if anyone sees a mag grey w/ orange accent screw that a dealer might be willing to discount let me know!

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2014 about 9 months ago and just started looking around for a Gen 2. I've spent a couple hours looking around and have noticed that most dealers that are willing to discount are located in the midwest. I'm fine with either flying out to pick a truck up (as long as the ride home can be done in a day) or just having it shipped if the deal is good enough.

my first two choices are Magnetic Grey or Lightning Blue but I did find a silver one with the orange accent interior and carbon pkg with a sticker of $73,380. they have it advertised for $3,380 off or $70k. Obviously silver isn't the highest demand color so I'm thinking about asking for another $1200-1500 off and see where it goes.

that being said, if anyone sees a mag grey w/ orange accent screw that a dealer might be willing to discount let me know!

check out phillongdenver ford. They have a large inventory with access to sister dealer's I believe. I checked them out a few months back and they had a few with orange accents. I have no idea on pricing however, might be high considering they have so many in stock

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
check out phillongdenver ford. They have a large inventory with access to sister dealer's I believe. I checked them out a few months back and they had a few with orange accents. I have no idea on pricing however, might be high considering they have so many in stock

Don't bother. Last year they were asking $20k over and had 50 Raptors rotting on the lot because they were so unreasonably priced. But they did offer me a "deal" on one of the first builds that had been sitting on the lot for 6 months and used for test drives. It was a "steal" at only $5k over.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any time there is a trade-in factored into the deal, the "discount" is no longer valid. I spent two weeks in the Houston area looking for a Raptor and once they learned I had no trade, the best I could get was $1500 under MSRP.

Agreed. Having a trade-in makes knowing the true discount off MSRP impossible.

Reaction score
Any time there is a trade-in factored into the deal, the "discount" is no longer valid. I spent two weeks in the Houston area looking for a Raptor and once they learned I had no trade, the best I could get was $1500 under MSRP.

I get it....I traded a 2012 F-150 lifted, running 35s, with 106,000 miles...she needed some work and I got what I would have asked for it if I was selling it....could someone have gotten more, probably, but i did not have to.....advantage of having a great job, very nice retirement staring me in the eyes in the next 6 years. Keep your trade out of it as well as how you plan to pay for it until you get your discount. Don't let them stick with the "4 Box" method of confusing you....take each step by itself.

I have worked my career as a CFO or COO for a healthcare system. Believe it or not all that fancy hospital equipment......the vendors haggle those things just like car dealers only we are dealing with $100s of thousands and Millions in some cases.

By the way....love my Raptor....glad I was able to fall into one!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy he got the truck and just wanted proof of the deal so that way I have some ammunition when I purchase mine. If I tell the salesman that people are getting trucks for 5k under sticker, it might help me get some extra dollars of my purchase.

It really is a just a numbers game with a trade in however. I could probably get 60k under sticker if I traded in my truck and took $0 for my trade in.

You're in So Cal. You don't have any ammunition to get under MSRP deals if you're trying to buy one locally. I've searched long and hard and I found a sole dealer willing to sell AT MSRP in all of SoCal. My search may not have been exhaustive, but it was pretty close. Even then, that dealer doesn't have any sitting on the lot. You have to order and wait, which I personally was more than willing to do to save 5-15k since that's a pretty typical ADM from dealers with Raptors on the lot around here.

Also, you're not fooling anyone. That reply was not because you wanted "ammunition" it was because you're calling BS.

Last edited:

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’m glad that you think that u know what I’m thinking. You must have super powers by being able to read peoples minds. Glad ur giving back to the less fortunate on internet forums. True Robin Hood stuff right there.

I was actually trying to get proof to see if i can get my 2019 order for less than the msrp deal i was quoted. I have a few months to gather some more intel, so why not try to save a few extra bucks? I know I’m comparing a 2018 to 2019, but it’s worth a shot. Every dollar saved can go towards mods.

Not everybody is as bitter as you. I don’t assume that every person on these forums is here to talk crap or put other people down. Most forums have enthusiasts that help other people out. I’ve clearly realized this forum isn’t like that at all with all the gen1 vs gen2 hate, and now 2018 vs 2019 hate lol. If i thought his deal was BS, i would’ve called BS. But i didn’t. I asked him to prove it.

Dr.Aptor

Reaction score
The majority of the dealerships in Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska seem to expect the 5k to 10k over. There are a few in MetroDenver that offer it at MSRP but they are pretty maxed out on options. I have two MedVed vehicles in my garage and the Medved sales manager cut me off and said "Not Negotiable" before I walked out an bought one 2 days later somewhere else.

I found a dealer in Kansas City and one outside of Denver who would let me order one without the overage. The only deals under MSRP's are friends of dealerships and slightly used ones that have been driven for 9k.