Do the '19's have the same issues as '17 and '18?

Does/did your 2019 have any of the engine/transmission issues often discussed here?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray Knight

Reaction score
My 2017 was rock solid. No issues in 25k miles. My 2019 had 3 broken transmissions in the first 3000 miles. i LOVED that truck and was sad to get rid of it but they could not fix the trans. Replacements were breaking just the same.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of the problems that people experienced happened pretty early in their ownership. So it’s been a few months for 2019 owners, so what?

The guy with the blown engine seems like an outlier. Others with engine issues didn’t blow the motor, so I don’t count that as one of the more common issues.

I already acknowledged that reading forums makes the frequency of problems seem worse than it is because people post more about problems than not. But issues that come up with some frequency usually points to initial build quality problems that can get improved with later model years. I’ve seen it too many times. The E60 BMW M5’s SMG, the Audi S5’s clutch.

None of the above makes my question less relevant. Looking for simple answers to my simple question. Thanks.

As you point out, a lot of issues surface very quickly. I had a 2017 that spent an unbelievable amount of time at the dealership for all kinds of issues of which many surfaced within the first several weeks. I was planning on keeping that truck forever, but I couldn't take it anymore. The resale value was good enough that I traded it in on a 2019. My 2019 has been perfect with zero issues for the first 5K miles. The only idiosyncrasy is how it runs when it is cold (weird transmission shifts and sluggish), but my 2017 was the same way, so I am politely letting that quirk slide.