Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Do the '19's have the same issues as '17 and '18?

Discussion in 'Prospective Raptor Owners' started by sdspa, Mar 31, 2019.

Does/did your 2019 have any of the engine/transmission issues often discussed here?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mystic201

Mystic201 Member

Received my 19 in early Dec. 2100 mi. no issues and a pleasure to drive. I also have a transit van 3.5 tt with 74000 mi. and no issues other than a hose to one of the turbos came off took a new clamp, done.

2. Todd458

Todd458 Full Access Member

I agree with a lot of what’s being said here. A BMW 528 in 1996 and a 740 il in 1999 gave me many problems. The 740 was bought back with 19,000 miles because of reoccurring sunroof leak. They had the vehicle for separate times for that one problem. Replaced the moonroof and it still leaked. This is the first Ford I have ever owned. Many GMC’s including two Yukon Denali’s and Chevy trucks in early years. I was never much of a Ford guy back then. Not sure why. Two of my buddies have escalates and they don’t ride as good as this truck. Drive them back to back and you’ll see. (They are amazed by this raptor) Not to mention you have to concentrate just to adjust the volume for the stereo and the AC controls in the Escalade. Now who knows how I’m gonna feel in 30,000 miles? But unless It’s plagued with problems there’s nothing I would rather drive. I know some will disagree, but if I had to make a trip cross country I couldn’t think of a more comfortable safe vehicle then the raptor. Remember with the crew cab the range this thing gets is amazing. I had an LX 570 that had a 26 gallon tank if I remember correctly. I averaged about 350 miles a tank. Struggled to get over 13 miles per gallon in city.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  3. Raptorguy1

Raptorguy1 Full Access Member

My Android keeps connecting and disconnecting. If I have the phone in my pocket, it drives me nuts. I delete the phone and add it back and it's usually fine for a couple of days and then starts acting up again.

4. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Member

I just bought a 2019 Ford raptor started off with 20ish miles and just hit over 500 miles today. I have no issues so far. Will keep this updated if I do experince any issues.

5. sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45 Member

I have a 2019 Raptor Supercrew purchased with 39 miles and now have a little over 2,175.

I did have an issue with the emergency, exclamation ((!)) point coming on and staying on.

I took it in the first week and they replaced the switch so they said. I have since read in the manual that being low on brake fluid can also cause this light to come on and stay on.

So, if I take the Dealers word for it then it was a defective emergency brake switch or else it was low on brake fluid from the factory.

Either way it hasn't come back on so it's been corrected.

Everything else has been great and I'm really enjoying this truck.

6. sdspa

sdspa Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. I pulled the trigger on a 2019 in Velocity Blue.

B3345FAC-CD7A-424B-B4F7-9BF82DB90DB9.jpeg

7. davidl81

davidl81 Full Access Member

Beautiful truck. One really handy thing about the Raptor is that many of its components are the exact same as the regular F-150 that came out in 2015 that there has been plenty of time for Ford to work out kinks in the truck. Things like sun roof, Sync, etc are the same on mostly any F150 that is equipped the same. The transmission is the same on the Raptor and the standand F-150. Even the engine is very close to the same.

8. ARH1956

ARH1956 Full Access Member

Around here premium is 50 cents a gallon more than regular.