DIY Oil Change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do all my cars myself. It's sure not cheaper, but it's done right. Someone on here mentioned $20 oil change, I would stay away from that, they have to be using some cheap ass oil and filter for that kind of money..

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's cheaper and faster to do yourself if you compare using the same components (exact same oil and filter). Before recently changing over to Amsoil, I used to always get a deal from Advance Auto for oil & filter (used Valvoline full synthetic or MaxLife, since i used to work with their lab & trusted them). And it's done right, as you point out.

I start mine draining and then go do other stuff while it drips for a while. It's very simple to do, and you don't even need a jack or ramps with our trucks. Using nitrile gloves makes cleanup a matter of minutes too.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one but me ever works on my vehicles unless I am standing over them supervising every move. I can't afford to replace parts that fail prematurely due to improper installation.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always changed my own oil in all my vehicles. For the Raptor I stick to the Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20 and Motorcraft Filter. I used to be a loyal Mobile 1 guy but after some conversations with some engine builders I decided to move away. Tried the Royal Purple in my Camaro but wasn't worth the money. Ford Recommends Motorcraft so I stick with it. Amsoil is to hard to get were I live.
Anyways "Changing my own oil gives me a sense of accomplishment and piece of mind that its done right"

I would never EVER even consider taking my truck to Jiffy Lube or any quick change place for that matter.

No Raptor has any business being in a Jiffy Lube. IMO

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always changed my own oil in all my vehicles. For the Raptor I stick to the Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20 and Motorcraft Filter. I used to be a loyal Mobile 1 guy but after some conversations with some engine builders I decided to move away. Tried the Royal Purple in my Camaro but wasn't worth the money. Ford Recommends Motorcraft so I stick with it. Amsoil is to hard to get were I live.
Anyways "Changing my own oil gives me a sense of accomplishment and piece of mind that its done right"

I would never EVER even consider taking my truck to Jiffy Lube or any quick change place for that matter.

No Raptor has any business being in a Jiffy Lube. IMO

Care to share the information about Mobil 1?

kscarguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did my first oil change last night and I have no idea how to reset the oil % indicator on the dash board.

please help

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Settings" then "vehicle" scroll down and you will see "oil reset"

Greetings Raptor911. Been awhile! Did you do your oil change by yourself? I also Ilike others) do not trust the two close by dealerships Ted Britt and Koons too much. I have about 3700 miles and considering changing the oil.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
swing by my house and i will change your oil. I have been changing my oil in all my cars since I was 16. The Raptor is pretty easy. PM me

Greetings Raptor911. Been awhile! Did you do your oil change by yourself? I also Ilike others) do not trust the two close by dealerships Ted Britt and Koons too much. I have about 3700 miles and considering changing the oil.