discounted '13 in stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

[/COLOR]I think I know why they are discounting this one. They have 4 raptors and only this one is an O/T 1 .. so it was a special order and thus a sold truck. I bet the buyer backed out.[/QUOTE]

yur right about most of it. i emailed em and said i was interested in it cuz it was invoice priced, and would you please send me some pics. (ive got a friend whos thinking about ordering one) his reply was that it was an ordered unit coming in , and that stock units sell at msrp. not sure why ya put in on yur website. hope they got 150 calls about it today.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
O/T 1 are not suppose to show up as inventory. You should say, it's on your web site so either take it down or honor the price.

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right. They do have 4 total.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

I think I know why they are discounting this one. They have 4 raptors and only this one is an O/T 1 .. so it was a special order and thus a sold truck. I bet the buyer backed out.

Do you think there is less money to be made on ordered Raptors vs. dealer stock?

lundqura

Reaction score
They will take 1K off sticker on any of the three on the lot. Otherwise, if you order one, they will charge 50 bucks over invoice. The downside is that they say it will take about 16 weeks to get one in if it is ordered.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends on the dealer. The reason why dealers are willing to sell ordered Raptors less than MSRP because it is a guarantee sale.

There's a difference in the target audience. A truck on the lot will sell to SOMEBODY. There are plenty of people who can't stand the thought of waiting for a new vehicle to be built. They want it now, and taking the dealer stock one at MSRP is fine if it means driving the truck away today. The dealer doesn't have to move on price, because so what if you wont pay it; on a popular vehicle like the raptor, somebody else will. The dealer doesn't need you to buy the truck, somebody else will take it.

There's a very big difference with an ordered truck. I will (did) order a terrain 2013 SCrew, with the options I want. I am the only buyer for that truck. If a dealer won't work on price, there is no other person going to come buy that truck - not that they wouldn't, but it Just wouldn't exist without my order being placed. It's a given that I am the only buyer - the only question is which dealer will be the middleman between me and ford. So if a dealer won't work with me on price, I'll just go to another dealer that will.

Instead of the dealer not needing you, you don't need that dealer.