Did someone try to break in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i was in San Antonio for ~3hrs and came out to this. Headed to dealer and they will replace and i can change the entry code.

Ive heard of more sophisticated thefts but is this a tell tale sign it was attempted/done? If so, lets assume they were “successful” but got spooked. Is it possible they can gain access or control of the ford pass app?

came back and doors were locked. Again, im assuming someone did this vs faulty clip.
IMG_8021.jpeg

OP
OP
MJK

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it was San Antonio, the odds of it being a break-in attempt increased parabolically.
Hope not. BUT, is removing the keypad like this required for a “sophisticated” break in?

I was nowhere near truck. Nothing in the car besides 2 alanis

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks but looks like they tried to get in.

I think they would need your username/password for FordPass.

If you want to change the master code on the keypad you have to replace the BCM.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see any pry marks. Generally people breaking in don’t take the time and care to not damage things.

I can’t tell how it’s held on but my guess would be double-sided tape. Could be that the tape just didn’t hold.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the post above said, I don't see any pry marks or any signs of pressure being applied to that area. With it being hotter than the surface of the sun in Texas, that looks more like the adhesive let go.

OP
OP
MJK

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks but looks like they tried to get in.

I think they would need your username/password for FordPass.

If you want to change the master code on the keypad you have to replace the BCM.

Like the post above said, I don't see any pry marks or any signs of pressure being applied to that area. With it being hotter than the surface of the sun in Texas, that looks more like the adhesive let go.
It looks like its supposed to snap in. But it doesnt catch