Did i just get lucky??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasnt even looking to buy a gen3 raptor right now with hopes to get a Raptor R allocation. But I just wanted to see what the market was like after i sold my '17. I randomly searched for raptors in my area and a dealership in ATL had one that landed yesterday so i just decided to call on it to see if it was available. As i expected, it wasn't. However, the guy told me they had one come in yesterday afternoon as a customer order and the customer backed out late last night. Its not being marketed and i just happened to get the customer's sales guy who said it was available. So, i guess ill be buying it. I just put a deposit down and going to look at it this afternoon and hopefully close on it. MSRP is $82,825. :eek:

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 11.34.20 AM.png

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got lucky if it’s sold to you at MSRP. No one paying ADM is lucky.
LOL. You think anything off the lot is going to be below MSRP? It is above MSRP but several $1000s below what everyone else is charging. Dealers arent dumb. They know the market. Id rather have one this weekend than wait several months just to save $5k.

Nice! 35 or 37? Hopefully the dealership will be fair on the price with you.

I think its very reasonable considering availability and the market. The kicker will be what theyll give me for my 2022 Ram 3500 with 978 miles... If its low, ill sell on one of the FB groups...

Heres the Raptor build:

35" White paint
Equipment Group 801A High
Moonroof & Tailgate
Pro Power Onboard
Graphics Package
Carbon Fiber
Spray in liner
17" forged wheels

Last edited:

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. You think anything off the lot is going to be below MSRP? It is above MSRP but several $1000s below what everyone else is charging. Dealers arent dumb. They know the market. Id rather have one this weekend than wait several months just to save $5k.
I would rather wait. It isn’t the dealers that are dumb it’s the people paying the ADM. Dealers from other manufacturers are still offering discounts. Those are the ones who know how to keep customers. The ones not saying “in this market” to justify ripping off customers.
You want to pay that to feel good about yourself or to show off to your friends and family then that’s you. Enjoy.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would rather wait. It isn’t the dealers that are dumb it’s the people paying the ADM. Dealers from other manufacturers are still offering discounts. Those are the ones who know how to keep customers. The ones not saying “in this market” to justify ripping off customers.
You want to pay that to feel good about yourself or to show off to your friends and family then that’s you. Enjoy.

The only thing youll be forever waiting on is things to "get back to normal". In the time i started this thread, I made more than the ADM i'm paying.

"You want to pay that to feel good about yourself or to show off to your friends and family then that’s you. Enjoy." LOL Yep. Thats it... you nailed it.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is at different points in their life. Don't need to knock someone for making a decision based on their current situation.
I’ll never be in the situation where I willing let someone screw me over of 5k or 10k. No matter my age or financial situation. Getting screwed is getting screwed. No matter “the market”.