DezRaceSVT- 2013 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to do this exactly... How much did you use on the bumper?

Did you do the fenders? Or grill?
How does the contrast between the grey grill and black bumper look?

More pictures !!

OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a little contrast between the grey grill and black bumber but its not bad. I sprayed the bumpers on the vehicle and fender flairs off the vehicle. The flairs are easy to pull off. I used round 5 cans for everything. I put a few heavy coats on because of offroading and the tires throwing sand and rocks up. I thought about doing the grill but if I ever peel it off it will be a pain in the ass.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea... Grill would be a tough thing to take off.
This summer I'm definitely going to do this. Looks good

I've never worked with this stuff but 5 cans for all that? Is that a lot?

Also, I want to do my rims... How many cans does that job warrant?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I would say 5 cans is a lot for what I did. But I sprayed it heavy because didn't want it to get sand blasted off when off roading.

OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided I liked the hood being black and wanted to give it a shot, so instead of paying to have it wrapped I would give plasti dip a shot. I like the outcome of it but I do have some very faint tiger stripes on it because of the thinner spray pattern of a rattle can vs. a wide angle spray gun. But $18 in paint and a few hours of my time is worth it. To get the nice clean edges I opted to use some pin stripe tape that you can buy at any car parts store. Its very easy to bend and manipulate the tape and while the paint is still wet its alot easier to peel thin pin stripe tape when in a hurry than dealing with the wider painters tape. The truck really looks good with just being blue and flat black!!!
hood4.jpg
hood.jpg
hood2.jpg
h1.jpg
hood3.jpg

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I decided I liked the hood being black and wanted to give it a shot, so instead of paying to have it wraped I would give plasti dip a shot. I like the outcome of it but I do have some very faint tiger stripes on it because of the thinner spray pattern of a rattle can vs. a wide angle spray gun. But $18 in paint and a few hours of my time is worth it. To get the nice clean edges I opted to use some pin stripe tape that you can buy at any car parts store. Its very easy to bend and manipulate the tape and while the paint is still wet its alot easier to peel thin pin stripe tape when in a hurry than dealing with the wider painters tape. The truck really looks good with just being blue and flat black!!!
View attachment 19980
View attachment 19981
View attachment 19982
View attachment 19983
View attachment 19984

I have found with plastidip, you have to apply a lot of light coats.. And slowly build up layers alternating spray directions.. Looks good, and I have considered doing the same to mine..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent posted any updates in a while so here is what I have added.
I Plasti dipped the chrome outer ring on the rear ford emblem. Ford should have never put chrome on these trucks it just dosent fit.

Attachments

• plasti dip emblem.jpg
    plasti dip emblem.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 35
  • pd emblem.jpg
    pd emblem.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
OP
OP
DezRaceSVT

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also added to the whip mount that I made. I wanted to carry a cooler and some extra quarts of oil. So I added an aluminum tray that I had laying around that will hold a cooler and 5 quarts of oil, like it was made for it.
20130525_095903.jpg
cooler.jpg

I added some tabs so that I could put a rod through to keep the quarts of oil from moving around and everything is rock solid.
20130525_095824.jpg