Desert Whoops - Give me the skinny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice, so that's probably 30-40 feet launch to land, would you think? Launch speed 50 mph-ish?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I've read some of that thread. Now that I plan to jump I'll give it a more thorough read.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Haha, I like whoever in the audio goes "yeee-haww"

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah! Don't like the clunk sound much, it makes me nervous, but it doesn't sound metal-bending bad. :)

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Stop ignoring my questions about launch speed. :p

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the sound was the chain I had in the bed of the truck...

Also, I'm not sure about my speed. This was my first jump. White knuckled on the steering wheel and pedal to the floor. I was only in second gear.

I was keeping my eyes on the road (sand)....

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the sound was the chain I had in the bed of the truck...

Also, I'm not sure about my speed. This was my first jump. White knuckled on the steering wheel and pedal to the floor. I was only in second gear.

I was keeping my eyes on the road (sand)....

I think my first jump will go much that way. Thanks for the video. I think your theory about the chain is accurate cuz I heard the same clunk it the other videos you posted. You have a Stage 4 correct?