EXO / BAJA / Lands End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is it costing you guys for insurance before you cross the border into Mexico for your Raptors? Anybody got the average rates? Weekly, monthly?
I thought it was high, but you're kind of stuck, you need it. The funny thing was when I called for a quote, I wanted something in the $125K range (I didn't know how it worked, and my truck with everything in it / on it is worth at least that, if not more). They told me they had 2 quotes, $80K and $100K. $80K = $386 for 9 days, $100K = $410 for the same. I figured what the Hell, take the $80K / $386. Save a few bucks. But we did get a hat at the 1st hotel dinner.

I just found out Geico has Mexican insurance, so I might ask them before the next trip. I'll have to see if that's OK with the EXO Crew. They wanted Baja Insurance for this past trip.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was high, but you're kind of stuck, you need it. The funny thing was when I called for a quote, I wanted something in the $125K range (I didn't know how it worked, and my truck with everything in it / on it is worth at least that, if not more). They told me they had 2 quotes, $80K and $100K. $80K = $386 for 9 days, $100K = $410 for the same. I figured what the Hell, take the $80K / $386. Save a few bucks. But we did get a hat at the 1st hotel dinner.

I just found out Geico has Mexican insurance, so I might ask them before the next trip. I'll have to see if that's OK with the EXO Crew. They wanted Baja Insurance for this past trip.
Holy, that's crazy! What do people pay that go visiting for 2 -3 months? Thanks for the info, going to shop around. Any idea who the best places are to call?

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy, that's crazy! What do people pay that go visiting for 2 -3 months? Thanks for the info, going to shop around. Any idea who the best places are to call?
Yeah, I thought so too, as my yearly policy is roughly $800, LOL!

Here's the thing though, it was EXO's trip and we followed their rules and regulations. EXO does an unbelievable job putting these trips together. I thought it was a little high, but I wanted to go. If EXO only works with Baja Insurance, that's what we'll use again.

We're bound by another country's rules and laws. It might not be any cheaper using your own insurance, IDK. The old saying:

If you want to play, you have to pay....

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought so too, as my yearly policy is roughly $800, LOL!

Here's the thing though, it was EXO's trip and we followed their rules and regulations. EXO does an unbelievable job putting these trips together. I thought it was a little high, but I wanted to go. If EXO only works with Baja Insurance, that's what we'll use again.

We're bound by another country's rules and laws. It might not be any cheaper using your own insurance, IDK. The old saying:

If you want to play, you have to pay....
Oh yeah, I have no problem with that at all, I expected it to be around that much for a short trip. Not being cheap here, ha ha, just expecting cheaper rates for longer terms. In bc we can’t get insurance from up here, has to be bought before we cross into Mexico, I’ve always flown down there, but I’m going to drive some time.

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I have no problem with that at all, I expected it to be around that much for a short trip. Not being cheap here, ha ha, just expecting cheaper rates for longer terms. In bc we can’t get insurance from up here, has to be bought before we cross into Mexico, I’ve always flown down there, but I’m going to drive some time.
Go on an EXO trip. IMHO, trip of a lifetime!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go on an EXO trip. IMHO, trip of a lifetime!
So I ended up getting some quotes for full insurance and for "road use" it varies from $400- 600 for 2 to 6 months, if its offroad coverage which you were required to get is why it is so much more expensive and its per day rate. So it seems pretty fair in the end :)

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ended up getting some quotes for full insurance and for "road use" it varies from $400- 600 for 2 to 6 months, if its offroad coverage which you were required to get is why it is so much more expensive and its per day rate. So it seems pretty fair in the end :)
Trust me, the on road driving bothered me more than the off road driving! Yeah, the rates seem reasonable. I guess we can't look at it the way we look at insurance in the States. I know you're in Canada, so I'm not sure if it's similar.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trust me, the on road driving bothered me more than the off road driving! Yeah, the rates seem reasonable. I guess we can't look at it the way we look at insurance in the States. I know you're in Canada, so I'm not sure if it's similar.
What I pay for insurance up here is a bit less than what the insurance is in Mexico, so pretty much the same. Yes I would think less idiots off the highway down there, ha ha.