Delivery issue off the rail yard to dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do some local investigatiopon into the local rail yard, pay a visit to the yard's office, takse some extra $100s with you, "a tip".
I would before you do that, offer a "tip" to the sales guy if he can get the truck moved ASAP.If it's there that will likely move it.

I had my Gen1 show up in the rail yard before Memorial day weekend and offered a tip if he could get it, and he did, and I tipped him.
However, that was a different time, now the situation is a disater and it's very likely it's there and OK, but in that case, the trip to see the yardmaster might help.

So I ended up doing just this.. almost.. except I didn't even need to tip. I reached out and asked what was going on, they said they could deliver it anytime and it they did last night! I'm excited but also still a tad annoyed that all it took was a call from me to get the ball rolling vs the dealer. Looks like I'll be able to pick up mid to late this week depending on the recall.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 weeks from being released from the rail yard to the dealer? I've called dealers in the past and got my vehicle within a day or two. 4 weeks sounds like someone forgot about you.
Ford got rid of the truck drivers for the pandemic and many did not come back. Takes 4 weeks. Dealership needs to send drivers to pick it up and drive it back if you want it but it will have 200 miles on it from the drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter