Delivery issue off the rail yard to dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This post is likely more for therapeutic reasons than actually getting some information that would lead to securing my truck.. but alas.. if anyone has anything else to try let me know.

Truck build early January MY21, shipped on the 13th, arrived and placed at the rail yard about 2 hours from the dealership as of the 10th. My est delivery date started as 1/27, changed to 2/6, changed to 2/7, changed to 2/14, changed to 2/20 & now is changed again to 2/24 as of a few moments ago.

The dealership says it's all on ford for when it arrives. But that's BS because I've ordered my fair share of not just other vehicles but Fords to which the dealer certainly seemed to control the ship time from leaving the rail yard to the dealer itself.

I'm concerned the truck is damaged and that's why it's delay keeps trickling every day that the truck is supposed to actually be delivered. Dealership has had little to no communication and says its out of their hands. Ford performance says that the dealer should have more information.

Pretty annoying.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do some local investigatiopon into the local rail yard, pay a visit to the yard's office, takse some extra $100s with you, "a tip".
I would before you do that, offer a "tip" to the sales guy if he can get the truck moved ASAP.If it's there that will likely move it.

I had my Gen1 show up in the rail yard before Memorial day weekend and offered a tip if he could get it, and he did, and I tipped him.
However, that was a different time, now the situation is a disater and it's very likely it's there and OK, but in that case, the trip to see the yardmaster might help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not BS. Takes that long man. My 21 took 4 weeks.
4 weeks from being released from the rail yard to the dealer? I've called dealers in the past and got my vehicle within a day or two. 4 weeks sounds like someone forgot about you.

Manners226

Reaction score
No, arrival at the yard to the delivery at the dealership. I’m a sales manager at a dealership.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, arrival at the yard to the delivery at the dealership. I’m a sales manager at a dealership.
Arrival at the yard isn't the same as it being released. Dealer has said it's released with their phone call saying it's ready for delivery. (That was back on the 12th when I was given the 14th as a date for pickup).

If the vehicle was just sitting at the yard and not yet released, it would be a different story, lots of reasons for why it wasn't released yet could be the case.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed I need a new keyboard, mine is skipping keys.
It was supposed to be a pocket full of $100s.
If it has been released, then it's your dealer's inability to get a driver to move it, in which case a couple of those hundreds might mitivate him. Ask who the hauler is and call and offer then a couple, as well.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just pay extra for your dealer to have an independent car hauler in the area go get it.
It may take something like that to make it happen. Otherwise it will sit there until they have enough vehicles to fill the car hauler.