Deavers help with Rear Sagging under load?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have read several threads on Deaver +2 and +3s, but I am still unclear if either of them will help with rear leaf spring sagging. My plan is to go with RPG adjustable perch collars at 2.25" in the front to level the truck, but I want to keep the back as close to stock as possible.

Last weekend I loaded my bed and utility trailer while moving some boxes. The stock suspension went down 2.75" under a moderate load. I want to avoid a really stiff suspension and I do not want the back up really high, but I would like to avoid the sag under load. In the picture below, the rear is a 1/2" lower than the front with no perch adjustment. I would hate to see it squatting with the front up 2.25".

Attachments

• Raptor Sag.jpg
    Raptor Sag.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Raptor Sag2.jpg
    Raptor Sag2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they make a HD spring option. But either way you'll need bump stops and they can be used to help with towing with a simple quick adjustment. Some people will say not to do this but honestly it works really well and doesn't hurt the bump stop.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they make a HD spring option. But either way you'll need bump stops and they can be used to help with towing with a simple quick adjustment. Some people will say not to do this but honestly it works really well and doesn't hurt the bump stop.

Is the HD option a standard offering for the Raptor? Does it ride a lot stiffer than the standard Deaver +2s?

Who makes the bump stops you mentioned? I am fine with making a quick adjustment before towing, as I do not do it on a regular basis.

If I do the bump stops, are the HD springs needed or recommended?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the HD option a standard offering for the Raptor? Does it ride a lot stiffer than the standard Deaver +2s?

Who makes the bump stops you mentioned? I am fine with making a quick adjustment before towing, as I do not do it on a regular basis.

If I do the bump stops, are the HD springs needed or recommended?

I have the Denver HD on my raptor and the difference is negligible.

I just hauled a 900# transformer in the bed and it sagged a bit, but it popped back up once unloaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Denver HD on my raptor and the difference is negligible.

I just hauled a 900# transformer in the bed and it sagged a bit, but it popped back up once unloaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you also using some kind of aftermarket bump stops?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
With my RPG bump stop kit and my +2 deavers it rides the same as stock. I load my tools for work it it daily and it defiantly loads up way different than stock. As the spring gets compressed It progressively gets stiffer by engaging more and more springs as it goes but has the benefits of a stock feel; the stock springs are just bending back and forth. If I load it up enough and hit the bottom of my driveway with speed I can hear the bump stops click as they engage the strike plate but other than that you would not know it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
How heavy are we talking for the chase rack? 100 lb - 200 lb? I am planning to add a 70 lb BackFlip to mine, but that will be about it unless we are traveling, etc.

my rear end squats to level when i load in my chase rack, 2 37" spares, pro eagle big wheel, builtrite bedside racks, 2 3gal rotopax cans, 2 1gal water rotopax cans and about 80-100 lbs of tools.

I'm running +3s and front fox factory dsc resi coilovers at the height that they come out of the box. I am still on the stock rear shocks, until I pull the trigger on a rear bypass rack and 3.5s.

I also have rpg's bump stop kit on the rear.

I'd say the "squat" is about 1 -1.5" when i load everything in.

The suspension travel is far more linear and predictable when compared to the stock springs. It feels a tad firmer, but WAY smoother.

The difference in handling feel when loaded vs unloaded is perceivable, but it isnt any sort of harsh feel when unloaded. more like the axle simply travels a bit faster, however isnt jarring, ever.

I have the regular ol' Deaver +3s. Perhaps someone can give you additional feedback on the HD variant.