Deavers help with Rear Sagging under load?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TxRaptor,
The RPG drop shackles allow the use of longer leaf springs by moving the pivot point upwards. Longer spring packs allow a smoother ride, as well as more droop; which allows the rear tires to remain in contact with the road when travelling at speed over rough terrain/crawling over rocks/ledges....

Eddie

Brandin10

Reaction score
Why do you need a bump stop kit with Deavers and not with stock springs? Just curious as I’m looking to get rid of the squat that I get from my 500lb tool box. Also is it the same scenario with the HD’s?

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Why do you need a bump stop kit with Deavers and not with stock springs? Just curious as I’m looking to get rid of the squat that I get from my 500lb tool box. Also is it the same scenario with the HD’s?

You don't need a full bump stop kit but I would highly recommend going that route if you plan on off-roading. But what you do need to do is get the bump pad replacement if you go to Deavers or any aftermarket leaf spring that eliminates the 2" block that includes the stop. If you look at your frame above the axle, you will see a rubber foam stop attached the bottom of the frame. Now look below it and you will see how the 2" block under the stock leafs has a pad for it to hit. When you install Deavers, you remove the 2" block and now that rubber foam has nothing to hit other than your axle. This is NOT good. You are over extending your compression travel and will eventually ruin your leafs if you do it often and possibly damage your shocks. SDHQ sells a replacement of this stop to replace what you removed and works with the Deavers.

We recommend a full bump stop kit even though this cost more, it is worth it in the long run. When you fully compress and hit this stock setup, it can be a jarring hit as there isn't much to give and you will feel it as you rear end donkey kicks. With a full bump stop kit, the bump shocks will absorb the hit and slow the rate of acceleration to be smooth and let you control the truck a lot better. If your truck will never see dirt, just get the bump pad replacement to get you back to the stock design.

We do sell Deavers with the SDHQ pads as a kit or the upgrade to something like the RPG Stage 2 bump stop kit. We have very competitive pricing and offer great discounts for FRF members.