Deavers help with Rear Sagging under load?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TXRaptor,
The beauty of the Deavers is that they allow progressive movement with better control. Also you lose the 2" spacer block, so there is less polar torque which decreases the axle hop. I have the RPG RST 16" kit with bumpstops.
Best thing is that they can be custom made to YOUR specifications/needs. RPG special ordered my Deaver spring pack for carrying 650# in the bed. With 300-400# in the bed and pulling my M1102 trailer with approximately 200# tongue weight on my pintle hitch...smooth as glass at high speed...level without nose high stance. By custom making the spring pack you have the supple ride, that remains so even with added weight, and a level stance. They were the same price as the HD spring pack...

Eddie

Last edited:
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TXRaptor,
The beauty of the Deavers is that they allow progressive movement with better control. Also you lose the 2" spacer block, so there is less polar torque which decreases the axle hop. I have the RPG RST 16" kit with bumpstops.
Best thing is that they can be custom made to YOUR specifications/needs. RPG special ordered my Deaver spring pack for carrying 650# in the bed. With 300-400# in the bed and pulling my M1102 trailer with approximately 200# tongue weight on my pintle hitch...smooth as glass at high speed...level without nose high stance. By custom making the spring pack you have the supple ride, that remains so even with added weight, and a level stance. They were the same price as the HD spring pack...

Eddie

Thanks for your feedback. Are your leafs rated at 650 lbs over the standard Deavers or something less?

How does it ride when your truck is empty? My SuperDuty was great for towing my fifth wheel, but when it was empty the back end was stiff and bumps over train tracks was jarring to everyone inside...

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

I thought you could run Deavers without a full on bump stop kit as long as you replaced the strike plate with something like what SDHQ makes if you aren’t doing any major high speed off-roading. Can anyone verify this?

Raptor SDHQ BUILT Rear Bump Stop Mounts

That seems like an easy fix if the standard bump stops will work for your situation. I want to prevent mine from sagging all the way down to the bump stops under a heavy load.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Deaver +3 HD you have to ask for this they are different than the +3 that everyone has in stock. I put mine on with the Fox/RPG Bumpstop Kit on my 2018. Not cheap but worth it for the load stability. Stock are done at roughly 300/400 pounds in the bed and drop to much. These are comfortable with500/600ish pounds in the bed and ride quality is only a slight bit firmer unloaded but in a good way. It’s about three and half truck payments- thats how I looked at it anyway. I did the rpg 1.5 in front which is really an inch. Truck has same rake as factory Unloaded but iam good with that

Attachments

• DE54D6DF-DBD8-4406-AC06-E7D88A27441F.jpg
    DE54D6DF-DBD8-4406-AC06-E7D88A27441F.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I highly recommend the Deaver +3 HD you have to ask for this they are different than the +3 that everyone has in stock. I put mine on with the Fox/RPG Bumpstop Kit on my 2018. Not cheap but worth it for the load stability. Stock are done at roughly 300/400 pounds in the bed and drop to much. These are comfortable with500/600ish pounds in the bed and ride quality is only a slight bit firmer unloaded but in a good way. It’s about three and half truck payments- thats how I looked at it anyway. I did the rpg 1.5 in front which is really an inch. Truck has same rake as factory Unloaded but iam good with that

Thanks for the picture of your setup. Have you ever used your bump stop kit with the 3" extension for towing? I saw a post in another thread which suggested this will work fine with the Deavers if you are carrying a heavy load only occasionally.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not used the extensions. I tow a lawn trailer about one day a week with a 900 pound zero turn at front of trailer- got raptor payment side lawn thing- lol- With 100 pounds ish in bed also. It only drops about an inch and half or so. Before was almost three inches. Much better. No more bright lighting oncoming traffic either.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you also using some kind of aftermarket bump stops?

Yes I have the svc bumps. But they are not necessary.

I just hit the bumps this week with 1k pounds in the bed

Otherwise it never gets close to the bumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I thought you could run Deavers without a full on bump stop kit as long as you replaced the strike plate with something like what SDHQ makes if you aren’t doing any major high speed off-roading. Can anyone verify this?

Raptor SDHQ BUILT Rear Bump Stop Mounts

You are correct. When customers order Deavers from us we ask if they have a bump stop kit or not. If they do not, then we highly recommend the SDHQ kit until they do. Deaver stocks those so we can send those together with your order.

And we do not charge extra for the HD version. They are made to order and can have 6 week lead times depending on their backorders. We discuss with you about your needs and then have Deaver make them based on that weight that is decided.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TXRaptor,
I'm not sure about the difference in load from the stock Deavers. I would guess 2-300# extra capacity. Slightly firmer than stock but WAY more supple. Even 12" bumps/potholes are just a blip. I spoke with RPG and told them I would have about 600# in the bed when fully loaded/trailer hitched up. My Deaver's were marked 4.5+ HD. I have the RPG Drop shackles, and Fox 3.5 rear shocks. 22" of droop limited with straps at 20".
Amazing ride.

Eddie

Attachments

• Droop.jpg
    Droop.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Droop1.jpg
    Droop1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Droop2.jpg
    Droop2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TXRaptor,
I'm not sure about the difference in load from the stock Deavers. I would guess 2-300# extra capacity. Slightly firmer than stock but WAY more supple. Even 12" bumps/potholes are just a blip. I spoke with RPG and told them I would have about 600# in the bed when fully loaded/trailer hitched up. My Deaver's were marked 4.5+ HD. I have the RPG Drop shackles, and Fox 3.5 rear shocks. 22" of droop limited with straps at 20".
Amazing ride.

Eddie

Whats the advantage of the RPG Drop Shackles? I know a few others who are using them, but I am not sure what additional benefit the provide. Do they allow the rear suspension to cycle further?