Deavers didn't fix my axle hop. Just broke 2nd drive shaft:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I had trac bars integrated with my lift kit on my old Bronco. It solved the axle wrap, but they were bolted in between the leafs and the axle...
Removal was not an option as the U-bolts are supposed to be disposed of once they've been torqued in place.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is directed to RPG, I believe Michael at RPG.
I called you about two months ago asking about springs for my Whippled Raptor,
I ask you if you have made Standerd Nationals without raising the height that will hold up to a Supercharger and you said it would have to be costume made.

I have read your earlier post about Standards not being strong enough,
does that still apply or I'm I going to have to go with the HD Nationals?
And if I have to, can they be made to not raise the truck.
Maybe even lower it an inch to match the front lower perch.
I won't be going off road and if I do it won't be doing crazy jumps or anything like that.
Mine well probably stay a Street Queen. LOL
I was thinking about the add a leaf but I believe the Supercharger will over power that.

Thanks in advance for you advice

PS I'm still working on getting the booco Bucks together. LOL

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
This is directed to RPG, I believe Michael at RPG.
I called you about two months ago asking about springs for my Whippled Raptor,
I ask you if you have made Standerd Nationals without raising the height that will hold up to a Supercharger and you said it would have to be costume made.

I have read your earlier post about Standards not being strong enough,
does that still apply or I'm I going to have to go with the HD Nationals?
And if I have to, can they be made to not raise the truck.
Maybe even lower it an inch to match the front lower perch.
I won't be going off road and if I do it won't be doing crazy jumps or anything like that.
Mine well probably stay a Street Queen. LOL
I was thinking about the add a leaf but I believe the Supercharger will over power that.

Thanks in advance for you advice

PS I'm still working on getting the booco Bucks together. LOL

Try giving Jarrett or Corey a call today...they should be there to answer any questions :waytogo:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will do thanks

MTF,

Sent you a pm with my cell number. We can make the HD's to what ever height you would like. We typically set up all supercharged guys with the HD's. Really helps keep the rear planted.

1troys

Reaction score
I have a 12 Hennessy with deavers and I am on my third drive shaft.Was told the deavers would fix. NOT SO. Stock tires

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have heard alot about Hennessy most of it not good.

Have you called Deavers and see if they will do something for you?

Al Bastaki

Reaction score
the driveshaft is being strained, you are running large tyres with a mean tread on them, if you can show us pics as to where the problem is, we could figure out what is causing the issue and what part can be swapped.

i broke my driveshafts twice on non-raptor cars because i ran large cooper stt's. imo, bfg's are better all around tyres... km2's are the best, the size of the tyres do matter as well.

do you really need 37's? the only reason id go for anything more than stock is if i were hitting the mud too often. to me, lighter rims, and smarter tyres (light and medium agressiveness.. aka stock ones) were always the better bet for gravel and sand offroading, i loved the grip with the km2's and cooper stt's... but they did take a toll on my driveshaft/rear diff, and i ran dana 60's both front and back. in 40k kilometers i broke a diff once, and the shaft twice. They didnt break overnight... but the nice thing was... i didn't go too big.. 33's ... so they didnt affect my warranty. mean grip also affects axles and diffs, not only driveshafts... so does towing... and so do heavier tyres.

either you go ahead and adjust your driveline, or go the stock route. increase in hp is awesome, but with that, you need to match it with a tougher driveline and transmission, otherwise you will run into probs... add to that ... larger tyres... well.. there you have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TMS4311