Deaver upgrade to add payload - do I need leveling kit, too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texrun38

Reaction score
I've searched a lot and read a lot of positive reviews on the Deaver spring upgrades. I have a 2017 SCrew Avalanche Raptor I ordered, so it's fully stock. I've been weighing a Super Duty to be able to haul just a little more than I would with the Raptor, but think it may be way overkill. Reading about Deaver HD springs being able to add additional 500lb payload capacity is really attractive (as well as all of the talk over ride improvement, though my stock truck rides great).

If I add the Deaver HD springs (assuming those that read to be stock or +1), will it raise the back to the point I need RPG Collars up front? I haven't leveled it simply because when I add weight in the read, I don't want tons of squat with the nose pointing too far up. I like the stock look, but also don't mind the slightly lifted/leveled look.

I'm in San Antonio, so not sure if I'd do this at Planet Pickup, Blackjack Speed Shop or Alamo Truck Gear, so any input there is helpful as well.

Appreciate any input for those with the Deaver HDs and whether you had to level or not. Many thanks.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deaver +2 will be stock height because it removes the stock 2" block. Deaver +3 raise the rear one inch. Whether to want to level or not is up to you. 2.25" front makes it level, 1.5" is still nose down.

Sounds like Deaver +2 HD with a 1.5" front collar might get you where you want to be? levelled a little, able to carry more load, but still a little nose down.

I run Deaver +3 with a 2.25" collar and it is a bit nose down.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how often you will carry a load, but the Deaver HDs are stiffer than the standard Deavers by quite a bit when driving unloaded. I went with standard Deaver +3s and Geiser Springs in the front which raise it about 2.5". My back is 3/4" higher than the front and I have not had issues with sagging the couple of times I have loaded my trailer on the back.

I rode in a 2017 Raptor with Deaver HDs before buying mine and it was considerably stiffer than the way mine rides today.

Taxi Lab

Reaction score
This is a very interesting string to me as I have a Snugtop Rebel topper with a Sportman's package with Thule Racks on my Oxford White 2019 SCREW. I intend to put a Tepui rooftop tent on the racks for family camping trips, but also use the racks for SUP, bikes and other assorted sports gear. I seriously looked at adding a Decked system, but at 200lbs I was worried I'd be way over budget on carrying capacity with two kids, two adults and two labs. Judging by those in the know the Deavers +3 might be the ticket. Also what does changing out the springs do to your warranty with Ford? Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide.

Taxi Lab

Reaction score
Oh and I should probably add right now with my current set-up (sans tent) the truck rides fantastic and there is zero squat fully loaded with the family and our sports gear or luggage. I'd love to preserve the ride if at all possible.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh and I should probably add right now with my current set-up (sans tent) the truck rides fantastic and there is zero squat fully loaded with the family and our sports gear or luggage. I'd love to preserve the ride if at all possible.

deavers will definitely preserve your ride. its a little stiffer I guess? But really just less floaty and less vague, and the skip tto the side in chatter is greatly reduced.

Since you say you dont squat now, deaver +2 non-HD is probably what you want. Same ride height, nice progressive rate, etc.

The +3 will make you pretty ass high if you havent done anything to the front.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m surprised you have no squat- mine dropped 3/4” in the rear after putting a leer top on.
I think I might need the +3 deavers to bring it back up and get the better ride.
Any suggestions?