Deaver problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Mine clunks terribly when the axle articulates at low speed. Cannot really hear it at speeds 30+. All my bolts are at recommended torque. I believe it’s the bushings on the shackle side causing the noise.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Were the bolts tightened after the suspension was loaded, supporting the weight of the truck which will prevent binding.

To reduce rubbing between the leaves, the spacers (silencer pads or anti-friction pads) are typically installed between the leaves.

Last edited:

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This still happening? Like sixshooter_45 said, if you have the tools I'd loosen both shackle bolts and the pocket bolt then retorque on the ground. This will make sure the bushings are set at the correct angle and there is no binding while driving. It is hard to mess up the axle connection, but maybe check the Ubolts also, and ensure the springs are seated properly.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I’m still having this issue, have had 2 shops basically tell me it’s normal and they retorqed

There are a lot of shops out there that employ folks that don't have a freaking clue what the hell there doing.

Just saying.