Deaver problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamIAm

Reaction score
Ok so I had deaver +3 installed about 3 weeks ago, and I have some clunking going on back there, it went to the shop yesterday sand they thought could of been the rear end and they took a look at the differential and said everything is good, so they make a call to deaver and they told the shop sometimes there will be clunking during the break in, truck has about 500 miles on it since install, sounds fishy to me , anyone else have a problem of this sort

CaliRaptor559

Reaction score
Ok so I had deaver +3 installed about 3 weeks ago, and I have some clunking going on back there, it went to the shop yesterday sand they thought could of been the rear end and they took a look at the differential and said everything is good, so they make a call to deaver and they told the shop sometimes there will be clunking during the break in, truck has about 500 miles on it since install, sounds fishy to me , anyone else have a problem of this sort

how bad is the clunking noise? I also got about 600 miles on mine and get some of that noise. I was thinking it’s breaking in.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check that the front leaf spring bolt is at the recommended torque setting, i believe it’s around 250 foot pounds. That front bolt needs to be tight.

When you’re done with the front leaf bolts, take a look at your shackle bolts. Sometimes they can be over tightened causing a bind that will result in a pop noise when the bound up tension is released during a normal suspension cycle.

You can try loosening those a bit and see if it has any effect on the noise you’re hearing. I think spring to shackle nut torque is around 136 foot pounds. Try 90 or so and see if the noise goes away. If it does, just apply some loc tite and call it good. Check torque after the first 100 miles as you would with any modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliRaptor559

Reaction score
Check that the front leaf spring bolt is at the recommended torque setting, i believe it’s around 250 foot pounds. That front bolt needs to be tight.

When you’re done with the front leaf bolts, take a look at your shackle bolts. Sometimes they can be over tightened causing a bind that will result in a pop noise when the bound up tension is released during a normal suspension cycle.

You can try loosening those a bit and see if it has any effect on the noise you’re hearing. I think spring to shackle nut torque is around 136 foot pounds. Try 90 or so and see if the noise goes away. If it does, just apply some loc tite and call it good. Check torque after the first 100 miles as you would with any modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine almost sounds like something is rolling in the bed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc