Dealership replaced leaf springs under warranty......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1ackin

Reaction score
I had my leaf springs replaced by the dealer under warranty for excessive noise (they offered it when i asked if they'd cover the cost of new silencer cushions). It took them 3 days to do the work, and when I got it home I found all of this :D

2021-10-21.jpg
2021-10-21 (1).jpg
2021-10-21 (2).jpg
2021-10-21 (3).jpg
2021-10-21 (4).jpg

Any insight into how this would have happened? Does the workshop manual call for technicians to do anything with the driveline in order to replace the springs? What would have caused fluid to be all over the rear axle? Anybody experience something similar?

I've reached out to the dealer, but they are taking their time replying.

@FordTechOne Would you be willing to share what the workshop manual instructs technicians to do when replacing the leaf springs?

OP
OP
S

S1ackin

Reaction score
That is very strange that the driveshaft slip yoke does not appear to be fully seated. To remove the springs, WSM states to support the axle, remove the lower shock bolt, and unbolt the springs from the axle and frame. The muffler and fuel tank need to be removed/lowered to access the bolts.
Thank you so much for responding, I appreciate you, your time, and your knowledge!

I kind of figured the procedure didn't have anything to do with the driveline. Do you know how long the WSM quotes for this job to take? They had the truck for 3 days, and the parts were there before I dropped it off.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, keep us posted, maybe some pictures of the springs installed, something appears odd. Hope the dealer makes it right.