Dealer Forgot the oil change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDNative77

Reaction score
As I stated In my opener, I bought a “Gold Certified” Raptor from the dealer 5 days ago. Allegedly they change the oil during the reconditioning process. My oil gauge is at %99. However I just checked my dip stick. I’m not ASE mechanic, but I’ve done a lot of work on prior cars I’ve owned. This doesn’t look like a fresh oil change to me. Could I be wrong? I’m about to make a phone call for a free oil change.

Attachments

• 4B300D60-0385-4B3F-A251-F24CE0A4C19E.jpeg
    4B300D60-0385-4B3F-A251-F24CE0A4C19E.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 27
  • AE11EC21-56B4-411C-A6E0-F25D180E9D1F.jpeg
    AE11EC21-56B4-411C-A6E0-F25D180E9D1F.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 27

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I stated In my opener, I bought a “Gold Certified” Raptor from the dealer 5 days ago. Allegedly they change the oil during the reconditioning process. My oil gauge is at %99. However I just checked my dip stick. I’m not ASE mechanic, but I’ve done a lot of work on prior cars I’ve owned. This doesn’t look like a fresh oil change to me. Could I be wrong? I’m about to make a phone call for a free oil change.
That’s real shady right there. I wouldn’t bother trying to get that free oil change from that stealership.

DIY it or bring it to a trusted mechanic.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not easy to say something like that, but it could be a new oil to my opinion. I guess they have also changed oil filter ? There is always a few old oil everywhere in the engine which "contaminate" quiclky new oil and i Think picture show someting like this, don't know. However , level stick show it's full (as the numeric gauge oil 99%) it also could mean level has been done, did they only the level adding some oil ?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to go in on Monday to get the bed liner installed. I just texted my sales guy and showed him the pics. He said they’ll change the oil along with my bedliner install. After that I’ll be doing it myself.
Check it in the parking lot before you leave. Can’t trust them.

OP
OP
SDNative77

SDNative77

Reaction score
Update: Dealer didn’t make any excuses on the dirty oil and acknowledged my concern. The service advisor “thought” it was done based on records. He said that the raptor I bought was received two days before bought it. So it’s a possibility that was overlooked. They made it right and gave me “the works” for free after the bedliner install along with my next works maintenance on the house.

As a side I note I asked my service advisor about the Ford ESP maintenance Plan being he gets no commission on those. I was curious being 60k/90k maintenance can be pricey on this truck. He told me unless I’m driving at least 15–20k miles a year, it’s not with it.