Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually -- they do have clauses that address building material costs, etc. in the contracts and they can raise the price. Plenty of news articles about this if you need proof.

Sorry for "being that guy." :)
Don't be sorry, no problem with being that guy.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Point still remains.
I completely agree to your point. Your example of the housing market was inaccurate but the rest is spot on. I'd never agree to pre-order something with a "let's see how bad I can screw you on price when it arrives" type of agreement.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely agree to your point. Your example of the housing market was inaccurate but the rest is spot on. I'd never agree to pre-order something with a "let's see how bad I can screw you on price when it arrives" type of agreement.
I would bet that there are folks out there that would take that kind of a deal. The ones that have F U money no doubt.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Well, years ago when I had a house built, there was no clause for changes to the cost of building materials.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is why dealers have to charge adm in this market. Here is a invoice for a 37pkg truck. Profit margins are slim in comparison to other vehicles in this price range. BMW,Audi,Mercedes etc

Attachments

• 3F80E868-2CE7-40F1-A55E-BEF9D4B8470D.jpeg
    3F80E868-2CE7-40F1-A55E-BEF9D4B8470D.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 77

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is why dealers have to charge adm in this market. Here is a invoice for a 37pkg truck. Profit margins are slim in comparison to other vehicles in this price range. BMW,Audi,Mercedes etc
Dang, I'm surprised that shows X plan pricing. I wonder if anyone is going to honor that. I always thought those boxes were empty on a FP vehicle. I get X plan pricing through work.

@mchurch0211 When was the invoice available?

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor does not qualify for X-Plan. Ford performance vehicles are exempt hence why X-Plan is the same as invoice cost

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score
80% of Dealer profits come from financing and service. The profit model has switched over the years. They are Marking these up because is easy to get people to pay for it. Hell, they are marking up Honda civics right now.