Dead battery already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
55 Watts is 55 Watts, doesn't matter if it's HID or halogen. Power (W) = Current (A) * Voltage (V).

It's garbage. I've had half dozen optimas over the years, the first few were excellent, the last few were garbage. I heard they moved manufacturing facilities and when that happened it all went downhill??? I"ll never buy another one again.

Yup many may be made at the same manufacturer, but that doesn't mean their quality will be the same. A walmart battery isn't getting the same exact things as a Motorcraft OEM one. A lot may be similar, but there's a reason one is OEM and costs more, and one is on the rollback special lol. :jester:

My stock battery died last month. 11 months old. NO electronic mods. Didn't leave anything on. Sat for 4 days and it had THREE volts on it. Red dot on the battery too. Dealer didn't even want to give me an appointment, but they finally did and they replaced the battery. Only the OEM ones have the little window, the replacement motorcraft ones don't.

If optimas are going down hill, which would you recommend.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If optimas are going down hill, which would you recommend.

Motorcraft. It is odd we're seeing a handful of early dead batteries, but typically Ford Batteries are top notch. The one in my last truck lasted 11 years and was still going strong when I sold the truck. And it's not an uncommon thing for Ford batteries to go well beyond the expected. I actually bought a ford OEM battery for my 00 HD drag truck to replace an optima that became flakey and almost cost me my engine. A weak cell was causing lean spikes at WOT, luckily only ate a plug and nothing worse. Put a fresh motorcraft battery in for all of $110 and resolved everything, 1 lb lighter, and 100 more cca than the optima. Almost 1/3rd the cost, less weight, and more cranking power, win win.

Braille Batteries are the best (expensive)

Braille Battery USA &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Lighter • Stronger • Faster

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Braille batteries look good, they have some nice light weight ones, they were a big fad mod for a while in the Lightning world, then a year later many guys had issues with theirs crapping out, now they're not such a popular battery.

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeaaaaaaaa!! i will have to give this a shot. Ill update it this weekend if i get some time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The update also has a SCT Tune in it for the 6.2, I flashed that to see how it compares to the 5-Star... Ill let you know once I MASH the go pedal lol...

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any more dead battery issues after update? how is the SCT tune?

im having a problem updating mune but i think its do to having some old tuning software on my computer. ill get it resolved monday hopefully...

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it looks like SCT came up with a fix for the tuner draining the battery...
From the SCTFLASH.com website...

Maybe I'll give it another shot...

Yeaaaaaaaa!! i will have to give this a shot. Ill update it this weekend if i get some time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Whats the word!?!
Did the update resolve the issue with the battery draining??