Dead battery already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've had my 2013 for less than three weeks and when I went down to start it up this morning, nothing... Remote wouldn't unlock the doors, wouldn't autostart, nothing... So I pop the hood and look at the little indicator on the battery and its RED! Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that mean its time to replace? 3 WEEKS? The part that really chaps my ass is I just installed the AFE CAI and livewire and tune from 5 star, so if I want to take to the dealer I have to put that stuff back to stock so they can't say their at fault...
:snoopfacepalm:

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I think my headlights were on MAYBE 5 minutes last night with the engine off. That shouldn't be enough to kill the battery would it?

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that sucks Josh!!
playing the devils advocate though...since you hardwired the Livewire...maybe its staying turned on, even after you have turned the truck off and have locked her up??

keep us posted dude!!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had that happen too. I am NOT a fan of the OE Motorcraft batteries. I would recommend an upgrade to a high end Odyssey.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A three week old battery dead...I don't see how they can blame that on any of your mods...

Did you charge it and see if it holds a charge?
How long did it sit before last start?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hid's would drain it quick...
Livewire has an auto on/off feature make sure that is on so it turns on and off with ignition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the truck is not your house josh...... its meant to be driven, not lived in......

they should replace it. but check the water level. those batteries require DISTILLED water. maybe its low on water

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks Josh!!
playing the devils advocate though...since you hardwired the Livewire...maybe its staying turned on, even after you have turned the truck off and have locked her up??
keep us posted dude!!

Yeah it's still hardwired, and the instructions state that it has a two minute auto-off feature after the ignition is turned off, tonight I just shut it down manually just to make sure...

Ive had that happen too. I am NOT a fan of the OE Motorcraft batteries. I would recommend an upgrade to a high end Odyssey.

I would upgrade BUT ITS 3 WEEKS OLD lol... they owe me a good battery.

Do you have Hid headlights? If so leaving them on can drain it pretty quickly

Yeah the '13's have stock HID's... But I thought they draw less power than regular bulbs?

A three week old battery dead...I don't see how they can blame that on any of your mods...
Did you charge it and see if it holds a charge?
How long did it sit before last start?

Yeah, I agree they owe me a battery for sure... And yeah I was able to jump it and it left it running for a while and it started up just fine. I drove it to my buddy's shop, installed my RPG stage 3 and by the time I was done it started up just fine....

HIDs would drain the battery less then standard headlights. Seems like you have a drain elsewhere or defective battery.

That's what I thought... HIDs=less drain? and I believe it's defective, the little window is red, thats bad right?

Bummer Josh, my last new truck had same thing happen, may just be bum battery and need replace. Or karma for leaving us in the order group :lol2:

Lol, I really wish you guys had your trucks too... This truck is so awesome!

the truck is not your house josh...... its meant to be driven, not lived in......
they should replace it. but check the water level. those batteries require DISTILLED water. maybe its low on water

You really think I should have to check the water level after 3 weeks? I feel they should just replace it and call it a day... But I just don't want any lip outta them regarding my mods.

Thanks for your input guys, I'm gonna call some local dealers tomorrow and see what they tell me!