Dead battery already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In typical frf fashion this went way off topic lol. From batteries to condoms to wieners....next we will talk about pooping because thats what it always ends up going back to. It's a viscous cycle lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, after posting up the pic, I figured my explanation was way off. When you first asked, I thought you were asking about the vents by the windshield.

That method worked for years but it did not work about 4 and a half years ago. Best mistake i ever made.

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like SCT came up with a fix for the tuner draining the battery...
From the SCTFLASH.com website...

Livewire TS Performance Programmer & Monitor Device Firmware

Firmware Version: 1.1.1.4

Release Date: 01-29-2013

Description: This is the latest firmware release for the Livewire TS Flash Device.
This firmware is ONLY for Livewire TS Devices.

Changes in this revision:
- Added 2013 Focus ST Support
- Fixes the battery draining problem with the power save mode on the F-Series Trucks

Maybe I'll give it another shot...

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LED lights draw less current, not HID lights
My 55 Watt HID headlights from Sick Hid's, when I was installing them I drained my battery 3 different times by leaving them on for a few minutes at a time with the engine turned off

I am not sure how much current the 2013 stock Hid's take you could check and see what size fuse they are using for that circuit but my money is on the fact that they draw more current than the stock headlights would.

55 Watts is 55 Watts, doesn't matter if it's HID or halogen. Power (W) = Current (A) * Voltage (V).

What do u think of optima's current quality? I used the for a while. They were great. The last one I bought was a better door stop than battery after 1 year. I heard a few people not happy with them in the past year or so.

It's garbage. I've had half dozen optimas over the years, the first few were excellent, the last few were garbage. I heard they moved manufacturing facilities and when that happened it all went downhill??? I"ll never buy another one again.

About 95% of batteries are made by the same manufacturer. Depending on what brand you choose to buy each has there own specs there battery needs to meet. There is a reason Walmart batteries are cheap. Same makers make motor raft, optima, interstate, die hard. Just some thought I believe they are all made by Johnson Controls.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

Yup many may be made at the same manufacturer, but that doesn't mean their quality will be the same. A walmart battery isn't getting the same exact things as a Motorcraft OEM one. A lot may be similar, but there's a reason one is OEM and costs more, and one is on the rollback special lol. :jester:

My stock battery died last month. 11 months old. NO electronic mods. Didn't leave anything on. Sat for 4 days and it had THREE volts on it. Red dot on the battery too. Dealer didn't even want to give me an appointment, but they finally did and they replaced the battery. Only the OEM ones have the little window, the replacement motorcraft ones don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free