Day 1…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shinysideup

Reaction score
First full day with the Rap.
Took an hour drive out to the cabin on the worst washboard roads I’ve seen in years.
Amazing ride.
Then took it down a log skidder trail. Knocked the skid plates a few times, got some mud on the tires and developed a small squeak in the right rear side.
Best… day… ever!

IMG_9241.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shinysideup

Shinysideup

Reaction score
Day 2:
Went for a drive today to make sure I didn’t damage anything yesterday and low and behold I was passed by what I thought it was a Gen 2. I quickly caught up and seen a big “R” on the side and thought, maybe it’s a Gen3 Raptor R ??? (he had 2 bikes on a rack with the tailgate down). We got to a passing lane so I went right and started to pass when the the rest of the letters came to view… T R X.
I did what every other Raptor owner would do and put the pedal down and whipped around him. We came a to set of lights so I put the exhaust in Baja mode hoping to scare him off, lol. Nope! As soon as it went green I floored it and so did he, and he left me in his dust.
All in all it was a great day 2 and now have 283km on the odometer.

I’m starting to wonder if I should be breaking the engine in a little differently. Thoughts?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Day 2:
Went for a drive today to make sure I didn’t damage anything yesterday and low and behold I was passed by what I thought it was a Gen 2. I quickly caught up and seen a big “R” on the side and thought, maybe it’s a Gen3 Raptor R ??? (he had 2 bikes on a rack with the tailgate down). We got to a passing lane so I went right and started to pass when the the rest of the letters came to view… T R X.
I did what every other Raptor owner would do and put the pedal down and whipped around him. We came a to set of lights so I put the exhaust in Baja mode hoping to scare him off, lol. Nope! As soon as it went green I floored it and so did he, and he left me in his dust.

I’m starting to wonder if I should be breaking the engine in a little differently. Thoughts?
Sounds like you're having fun. I think yr probably fine as far as break in.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day 2:

I think “ Drive it like you stole it comes to mind”… straight to Sport mode I say and of course Baja exhaust, just hit the “ R” twice every time you start it.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double tap the “R”? That’s cool, I didn’t know that one. Thanks!
Once you get all the modes the way you want, just press and hold and it’ll set itself. Then after that every time you start, just double tap and it goes to your saved favorite. Since you didn’t get a printed owners manual, you have to get all your info here.
I’ll tell you now, getting to the upfitter switch wires is a giant PITA on a Gen 3