Super Moon-Turning Night Into Day..Lk Mead NRA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
A few years ago, I was able to catch the Super Moon out at Lake Mead NRA. The 4x4 Trail out to the Point in the Upper Basin, can be tricky to navigate in the Pitch Black, but the Risk vs Reward made it an Incredible Adventure. As a Bonus, I was able to capture images of the most Amazing Sunset. Sunset at certain times of the year, has the sun shooting through the Narrows into the Upper Basin like a beam of orange and yellow light!
This was the first Super Moon I have ever witnessed from a vantage point of Total Darkness. Words cannot describe how Incredible it was to see. It literally turned Night into Day like a Sunrise..
If you ever have the opportunity, Take Ii!
The moon shots are not the best, I don't have the money for the high dollar glass I need to capture Nat-Geo quality images.

IMGP9839.JPGIMGP9841.JPGIMGP9843.JPGIMGP9846.JPGIMGP9850.JPG

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
The 3rd pic shows the last light of the Sunset. I am still standing in the foreground, but it gives you an idea of how dark it actually was without any light pollution.
The only place I have ever been in more complete darkness, other than a Cave or Burning Building, is walking point in the Triple Canopy Jungles of Panama, where you can't see your hand in front of your face...
Last picture is with a flash, as I am enveloped in Total Darkness...

IMGP0091.JPGIMGP0095.JPGIMGP0123.JPGIMGP0128.JPGIMGP0135.JPG