GEN 1 Dash lights go crazy under hard acceleration ...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the battery to alternator cable.

I had the same thing happen to my 2011. I discovered the cable was bad by hooking up a voltmeter to the battery and while the engine was hot and running, I pushed on the cable and noticed a slight voltage drop, very slight. I replaced the cable and the issue went away.

OP
OP
Sandfreak520

Sandfreak520

Reaction score
Ok so update haven’t driven the truck in last few days. Went to drive it today tried to get the systems to act up and nothing...... then the battery warning light came on and has stayed on. Took it to local shop really quick they tested battery and alternator both were fine.....? So I’m guessing may be main feed cable from battery to fuses or maybe cable from alternator to battery..? Crap!! Stupid electrical gremlins

OP
OP
Sandfreak520

Sandfreak520

Reaction score
Ok so update haven’t driven the truck in last few days. Went to drive it today tried to get the systems to act up and nothing...... then the battery warning light came on and has stayed on. Took it to local shop really quick they tested battery and alternator both were fine.....? So I’m guessing may be main feed cable from battery to fuses or maybe cable from alternator to battery..? Crap!! Stupid electrical gremlins

OP
OP
Sandfreak520

Sandfreak520

Reaction score
Hey guys battery to alternator cable was the issue the main wire where it went under the upper radiator hose had an internal fray in the wire. Replace the entire harness problem solved